Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » What real prospect is there of progress?

What real prospect is there of progress?

#1 2012-11-28 04:35:19
What real prospect is there of progress?
DoctorPolski

How much longer can the Digsby userbase realistically wait for any progress here?

We've gone open source, has that helped? Is it that people aren't developing or is it that 'former' Digsby devs aren't going over the submissions?

I still can't get a reliable Facebook connection for news or chat, MSN api still out of date and this all on the 'mature' windows platform...

Any honest comment from the former Disgby devs on how much time or not is actually going to be given to the project? If you guys can't or won't manage the open source side of the project then give it to someone else? I can't believe tagged would care either way.

#2 2012-11-28 12:22:54
Re: What real prospect is there of progress?
mike
Digsby Developer

personally i don't even have dev-ready windows machine anymore, and even if i did, other work is keeping me occupied. i'm happy to provide what knowledge and assistance i can via github but there isn't much of anything going on.

one pull request (miniscule but still appreciated) was submitted and merged, and several issues were opened. only the one regarding linux support was discussed. as you can see, the others haven't had any comments, though they seem a bit high level to generate much discussion.

#3 2012-11-29 04:44:06
DoctorPolski

Thanks Mike.

As a script-boy web dev I don't have much to offer for this sort of project which is frustrating as I would love to help. I really hope this picks up at some point.

#4 2012-12-05 11:17:07
Williams

I have every faith that it will pick up soon

#5 2012-12-05 14:58:22
SacredCultivator
Power User

Eh you have to realize it took them way over a year to really major improvements to what was broken in Digsby.

#6 2013-01-15 00:47:51
marsh12

?????????????????

#7 2013-02-25 13:32:55
ColoradoGuy1

don't hold your breath

#8 2013-02-27 04:04:55
melsaxing

sorry i do not know

#9 2013-03-15 22:18:45
Aaron
Digsby Developer

Man, I'd love to get back to coding on Digsby sometime and fix some issues and add some features. Unfortunately though, like Mike, work and life don't really give me the free time to do so at this time. I'm hoping to get digsbies.org up and running again, but I can't even find the time to get that into a good state right now, let alone real work on Digsby itself.

As someone who still uses it every day, I'm still holding a hope it picks up some open source developer interests, it get's a half a dozen or so watches and forks on github every week so there's obviously some interest, we just haven't actually had anyone submit any code to use yet.

I'm the one that draws pretty pictures on the screen! (AKA a GUI Dev)
Digsbies.org is currently semi-functional, hopefully it will rise again! Stay tuned!
Talk to us on IRC: #digsby on irc.freenode.org
I has a twitter: @Brok3n_Halo
#10 2013-03-16 06:33:28
carbonize
Super Power User

Couldn't you explained to Tagged that if they migrated the accounts from being Digsby accounts to needing a Tagged account and integrated Tagged support in to Digsby then they could increase their userbase?

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved