Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Fixes for Gmail and Twitter

Fixes for Gmail and Twitter

#1 2013-07-02 13:40:54
Fixes for Gmail and Twitter
carbonize
Super Power User

OK so we can pretty much say Digsby is now abandonware but some people are still finding fixes for issues that crop up. Here are the fixes for Gmail and Twitter login.

Gmail login fix: http://softconsultant.ro/2013/05/13/sol … fications/

Twitter login fix:

edit the file twitter.js in the path Digsby\lib\plugins\twitter\res, find the apiRoot parameter (mostly you will find it at line 208) just update it from 'https://api.twitter.com/1/' to 'https://api.twitter.com/1.1/' and start digsby and twitter is working!

Neither fix is by me nor have they been tested by me.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#2 2013-07-02 15:02:19
Re: Fixes for Gmail and Twitter
toldi

Holly crap it works! God bless that guy!
Too bad I already started using Trillian (which I was avoiding for a looong time) because of this Twitter bug... and now I got used to it, to its features and skype support and I dont know what to do. F**k :-I

Btw carbonize how it comes that msn works fine with my digsby?

Last edited by toldi (2013-07-02 15:13:28)

#3 2013-07-03 03:47:18
carbonize
Super Power User

It was the last alpha released that borked MSN.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#4 2013-07-06 09:30:19
DigsbyFan

I KNEW there was a reason I kept Digsby and kept checking in on the forum here. Both the Twitter and Gmail fixes work!!!!! You guys fucking ROCK!!!!! My Digsby is working again big_smile big_smile

#5 2013-07-06 14:04:33
carbonize
Super Power User

I am trying to persuade a friend to update Digsby with the fixes and release it via his own website.

C a r b o n i z e

#6 2013-07-07 14:57:08
Dronak

Thanks a lot for the info.  I think I read about the Gmail fix from another post on here.  The Twitter fix mentioned here looks like it solved the problem for me.  With these two patches, most things are working again now.  The only thing I'm still having problems with is my Hotmail/Live e-mail accounts.  They're still not connecting.  I'll have to see if I can find a fix for them somewhere.  Thanks again for the help!

#7 2013-07-11 09:01:53
Dronak

I just noticed that while the Twitter fix does seem to work for the main Timeline feed, I'm not seeing any Mentions or Directs -- those two columns are just blank, and there should be some posts in them.  Any chance there's another relatively simple fix for this that we can find somewhere?  I looked at some of the files a bit, but don't really know what changes where might help.  If anyone can help with getting mentions and directs back, that would be great.  Thanks!

Edit:  Apparently the Twitter fix does not enable posting from Digsby.  It would be great if there were a way to fix that, too.

Last edited by Dronak (2013-07-11 09:35:20)

#8 2013-07-11 11:48:25
carbonize
Super Power User

I just posted from Digsby and it worked fine. Try mentioning me and DM me using my carbonize ID.

C a r b o n i z e

#9 2013-07-11 22:38:08
Dronak

Thanks, I just tried.  It looks like my 1st post worked, 2nd failed, 3rd worked.  I wonder if it's because the 2nd was too close in time to the 1st.  *shrug*  As for DMs, I can see new ones to me, but not older ones.  I think I used to be able to see them all.  But I am on a new computer now, and maybe there are some files with that info that I didn't copy over.

#10 2013-07-12 03:43:40
carbonize
Super Power User

Yes possibly they were in your cache and Twitter only sends them as they are received rather than them all. Probably a way to request them all but that would require a bit more of a fix than this one. Now we need to sort out the Facebook double message problem.

C a r b o n i z e

#11 2013-07-23 15:31:30
Psykoral

Dude, nice! Twitter took a few times to connect but after a few restarts all my accounts connected.

The gmail fix works too, that's super handy. I kind of relied on this for any notification of a gmail email at all, so not having it was troubling lol.

Thanks for the good work, keep em' coming! I still love Digsby and hope the public dev's can keep it going!

#12 2013-07-23 16:02:54
Aaron
Digsby Developer

Both these fixes will be in the next build. There's a minor issue with the the file submitted for the twitter fix but after that's resolved it's ready to ship.

We're having a bit of a delay with the next release because there's a issue in the build process we haven't been able to resolve yet due to lack of time. Once we overcome the issue a new alpha is code ready at least.

I'm the one that draws pretty pictures on the screen! (AKA a GUI Dev)
Digsbies.org is currently semi-functional, hopefully it will rise again! Stay tuned!
Talk to us on IRC: #digsby on irc.freenode.org
I has a twitter: @Brok3n_Halo
#13 2013-07-23 16:16:07
carbonize
Super Power User

Please tell me that MSN has been fixed in the next alpha neutral

C a r b o n i z e

#14 2013-07-23 16:27:07
Aaron
Digsby Developer

I'm not sure what the issue with MSN is between the last alpha and release, as far as I'm aware there were no code differences, I'll ask Mike if he has any idea why it would be broken in the alpha.

I'm the one that draws pretty pictures on the screen! (AKA a GUI Dev)
Digsbies.org is currently semi-functional, hopefully it will rise again! Stay tuned!
Talk to us on IRC: #digsby on irc.freenode.org
I has a twitter: @Brok3n_Halo
#15 2013-08-02 18:24:51
greg1martin

I am so glad I happened upon your post.  Didn't want to get rid of Digsby.  Now, it works again!

#16 2013-12-03 05:46:55
Logos

Tried the Gmail fix and Im back in Business!!!! I knew someone would fix this issue.

As for MSN. MSN messenger has been shutdown since Microsoft bought skype.Thsi happened in March 2013. But Ive been having problems with digsby checking my Hotmail/Live email accounts for almost a year now.

Also for awhile Ive been having problems with some of my yahoo email accounts. Some of then are always shown as Authenticating.While others connect just fine.HAs anyone had tshi issue?

Im using Development alpha build 45e8619

#17 2013-12-03 06:14:00
Logos

carbonize wrote:

OK so we can pretty much say Digsby is now abandonware but some people are still finding fixes for issues that crop up. Here are the fixes for Gmail and Twitter login.

Gmail login fix: http://softconsultant.ro/2013/05/13/sol … fications/

Twitter login fix:

edit the file twitter.js in the path Digsby\lib\plugins\twitter\res, find the apiRoot parameter (mostly you will find it at line 208) just update it from 'https://api.twitter.com/1/' to 'https://api.twitter.com/1.1/' and start digsby and twitter is working!

Neither fix is by me nor have they been tested by me.

Where do I find the Twitter apiRoot parameter?

Last edited by Logos (2013-12-03 06:14:17)

#18 2013-12-04 04:24:03
carbonize
Super Power User

Logos wrote:

Where do I find the Twitter apiRoot parameter?

carbonize wrote:

Twitter login fix:

C a r b o n i z e

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved