Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Facebook contacts showing up with numbers instead of names

Facebook contacts showing up with numbers instead of names

#1 2013-07-25 15:41:58
Facebook contacts showing up with numbers instead of names
m60freeman

Some, but not all, of my Facebook contacts started showing up with numbers instead of names at some point this week. Does anyone know what the cause or solution might be?

#2 2013-07-25 16:41:35
Re: Facebook contacts showing up with numbers instead of names
Dronak

I noticed this, too.  It seems to have started only in the past day or few.  I haven't been able to tell if there's any pattern to who gets a number and who gets a name, but I haven't watched my Facebook notifications that carefully.  If this is a result of something on Digsby's side, rather than Facebook's, I hope it can be fixed.  It's really odd to see ID numbers of some sort instead of people's names.  Thanks!

#3 2013-07-26 17:46:23
Jotto41

Doesn't Digsby monitor this forum. I'm getting tired of looking at numbers instead of names. What does one do to get the names back?

#4 2013-07-26 17:48:45
Jotto41

My account just jumped from numbers to names and then back again to numbers. What's going on?

#5 2013-07-26 23:05:59
-Hal-

I am seeing the same issue.  They monitor it rarely, jotto.... Digsby is not supported much anymore.  Hopefully someone who's looked at the open source code can come up with a fix.

#6 2013-07-27 05:14:56
carbonize
Super Power User

There is supposed to be a new alpha out soon so hopefully they will include a fix for this unless it's just Facebook being stupid.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#7 2013-07-28 12:07:45
carbonize
Super Power User

I think Facebook has changed something as Trillian wont even connect to it.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#8 2013-08-14 14:29:35
Psykoral

Just to be sure I'm not missing anything, how exactly do we get these Alpha builds? Are they an update that happens when you start Digsby or do I have to get them manually somewhere?

#9 2013-08-16 13:52:33
m60freeman

The weird thing is that it isn't consistent. You'd think that all people would show up with names or all would show up with numbers, but it is a mix, and the ratio changes from day to day.

Today, all but one of my Facebook contacts displays as a number. It must be something on Facebook's end, as I doubt that there is anything significant changing on Digsby's server-side code.

#10 2013-08-16 14:03:42
m60freeman

It isn't just Digsby, so this is definitely something Facebook is doing:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5191477

https://apps.facebook.com/help/communit … 0670387155

https://www.facebook.com/aim (July 25 entry)

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved