Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Add Contact / Group Issue / Feedback?

Add Contact / Group Issue / Feedback?

#1 2008-05-17 17:08:22
Add Contact / Group Issue / Feedback?
artfuldodga
Super Power User

When I Add a Contact but they have yet to approve me adding them I cannot find their address anywhere in my Contact List, this needs to be fixed, the moment you add someone their address/alias (if you create one) should be added to your list, so that you can rearrange/merge or do whatever BEFORE your contact even approves you.

Also, I noticed that when you add a contact and your contact in adds you to one of their services, which results in sending YOU an add contact request in some cases, this request does not appear to get through to your current digsby session, you have to restart digsby and then you will get their add contact request window, which is kind of a weird way to do things...

Has anybody else had these issues?

Like I said, I recently added a contact to two different services, but they are nowhere to be found in my contact list, I suppose they appear when they get my friend / add request and allow it.

Oh and this may be a little off topic, but could we have a way to see what group each contact is part of, maybe listed somewhere in the contact card popup when you hover over your contacts.

Last edited by artfuldodga (2008-05-17 17:13:19)

#2 2008-05-17 17:55:12
Re: Add Contact / Group Issue / Feedback?
martyj
Super Power User

Basically to add to your first post,

Maybe digsby displays all ofline contacts maybe in its own small group or we have the option of what to be displayed like msn's etc. This would cover what you have said first smile

#3 2008-05-19 19:52:54
artfuldodga
Super Power User

*bump

Looking for information, I've added contacts but they don't appear in my contact list, whats up with that? I can't tell if they were successfully added to my own list or not.

adding using gtalk, afterwards I requested adding the contact within gtalk itself, now their address appears in digsby, I just have to wait until the contact adds me to talk to them.

Last edited by artfuldodga (2008-05-19 19:56:54)

#4 2008-05-23 12:14:07
artfuldodga
Super Power User

*bump could someone please explain to me why I had to add a contact via googles own gtalk client, in order to get the contact to appear in digsby? This sort of thing is really annoying.

#5 2008-05-23 12:26:32
mike
Digsby Developer

are you sure they aren't added into the offline group? i just added  a contact to my GTalk account in Digsby and they went right into the offline group (as I expected).

#6 2008-05-23 12:28:13
RJNJC

Funny enough, yesterday I experienced the same issue and found it strange. I had to go into GTalk and check if the contact was added. It was and had the 'invited' icon next to it. But in Digsby is hows only when the contact accepts, till then, it's as if the contact was not added at all. Disconcerting.

#7 2008-05-23 12:41:13
artfuldodga
Super Power User

I'm quite sure I checked all over including all of my offline contacts, the added contact did not appear there... that and I don't have hide offline groups selected.

as for RJNJC's post, I added the contact to both gtalk and MSN, and afterwards nither appeared, I waited a day just to see if the contact added me and thus appear but that didn't happen. I then went to gtalk to check if they had even been invited and nope, so I added the contact via gmail and restarted digsby and the contact appeared with the 'blue orb' next to their name, they later appeared when they accepted me.

As for adding that same contact via MSN, I'm still yet to see that one show up anywhere. I've found adding contacts through digsby has been trouble in this way since private beta.

Last edited by artfuldodga (2008-05-23 12:42:41)

#8 2008-05-23 13:00:08
mike
Digsby Developer

i can't reproduce this issue with my gtalk account. have you submitted a bug report after experiencing this issue?

#9 2008-05-23 13:06:47
artfuldodga
Super Power User

Nope, can't think of anyone else I could add right now. Unless you want to give me an address you use (via PM) and try it, gtalk or MSN should do. I don't want to remove contacts and add them back for fear something might screw up in my list. tongue

Edit: I found an address I could use, added it and I actually saw the contact added to the specific group (numbers went up) and is visible in my list, so to ask if I can reproduce it... perhaps not, but have no doubt about my previous post, it did happen. smile

Last edited by artfuldodga (2008-05-23 13:37:25)

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved