Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Off Topic » Which anti-virus do you use and why?

Which anti-virus do you use and why?

#41 2011-03-09 13:57:02
Re: Which anti-virus do you use and why?
koko1215

I am using kingsoft virus + spybot...

Kingsoft is free anti virus and spybot that you can download at http://www.download.com.

I found in this anti - virus very useful and free.

#42 2011-03-16 02:02:03
AcademyOfCoutureArt

I use officescan it also comes with ligter version too.

#43 2011-03-21 23:40:59
mbwallace4

ClamAV is multi-platform and opensource -- good at detecting viruses on a budget.  I don't think that this has resident scanning though.  So be sure to manually scan your 'alien' files.

#44 2011-03-22 14:26:43
carbonize
Super Power User

Plenty of free anti virus programs perform far better than Clam AV. Also Clam AV is not meant to be used as a resident anti virus program.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#45 2011-03-28 15:45:51
carbonize
Super Power User

Years ago I used Norton but after 2004 it went to hell. Since then I've gone with free anti virus solutions. I did use NOD32 for a year and have to say it is one of the best anti virus program I have ever used. These days I, like techsniper, just use MSE. It more than does the job. I don't like how with AVG you had to set your email client to go through it and Avast has a very nasty habit of missing trojans.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#46 2011-08-12 06:13:21
Andrew11

I am using BitDefender Antivirus Plus, because BitDefender Antivirus Plus protects you and your PC from a number of online threats, including social media threats, viruses, spyware and phishing scams. It also extremely effective, successfully blocking, removing, neutralizing and preventing malware infections.

#47 2012-12-04 07:34:12
Williams

I use Zone Alarm because it is rock solid. It is actually a full security suite so comes with anti-malware and firewall. If you are really technical there is huge scope for customization or if you havnt got a clue then you can set it to easy when installing and it will figure it all out. depending on how much technical you want to be you can have it learn from you so at the begining (after install) you can have it so that it asks you about every process your computer tries. Then it will learn what you want blocked/allowed etc. If you use pirate software (not that I condone this) you can use this feature to prevent the software from calling home and ratting you out.

Last edited by Williams (2012-12-04 07:36:42)

Pages: 1 2 3 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved