Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Feature Requests » Encryption
 

Encryption

#21 2008-11-19 00:16:37
Re: Encryption
d1rtyd33z
New member
Offline

 

+1 for OTR, sent email to features@digsby.com!



#22 2008-11-20 16:44:31
Re: Encryption
ViperGeek
New member
Offline

 

OTR is definitely the way to go.  Please add this feature request to your hot list.  I don't want all my private conversations being archived in cleartext on AOL's, Microsoft's, Yahoo's, Facebook's, and Google's servers.

- Dave



#23 2008-12-03 02:12:12
Re: Encryption
altairtoral
New member
Offline

 

+1 to conversations encryption. It's a must have. I guess I'll got to install pindgin also until this feature is implemented... Thanks a lot and... I hope to return to digsby soon.



#24 2008-12-05 16:25:47
Re: Encryption
winkydink
New member
Offline

 

+1 to OTR support.  email sent to features@digsby.com



#25 2008-12-07 13:00:27
Re: Encryption
zwarren69
New member
Offline

 

+1



#26 2009-01-30 10:07:31
Re: Encryption
Dukeswharf
New member
Offline

 

So,

How are we doing with this feature request, has it been implemented yet?

regards
Dukeswharf



#27 2009-01-30 10:20:44
Re: Encryption
artfuldodga
Super Power User
Offline

 

+1
i'd just ask the other contact to switch to digsby, its important while on the go as well, hotspots



#28 2009-04-07 19:14:28
Re: Encryption
rackley
New member
Offline

 

Agreed, this is HUGE.  Or more accurately, the lack of encryption is huge.  Huge enough to prevent me from moving from Trillian, even though I like digsby a lot..  PLEASE implement some type of encryption. 

I really don't like the idea of the firewall dude/chick watching my IM conversations and emailing them to my boss.



#29 2009-04-08 14:02:39
Re: Encryption
EstimatedProphet
New member
Offline

 

This definitely needs to be implemented.  I just recently discovered digsby and it's great, but the encryption is a deal breaker for my work pc.



#30 2009-04-15 09:22:55
Re: Encryption
StepnSteph
New member
Offline

 

Wow, this STILL hasn't been added yet?

/deletes installer

I remember this subject from like a year or so ago.  I assumed it would have been added by now.. but wow, bad show, folks.



#31 2009-04-15 10:06:13
Re: Encryption
mike
Digsby Developer
Offline

 

StepnSteph wrote:

Wow, this STILL hasn't been added yet?

and there's no RSS reader or group chat! omggg /rage

speaking of group chat, you might want to read the end of the thread about that, starting with this post (which has an attitude and message similar to your post but with a better formulated argument). pretty much everything i have to say to your comment is covered there.



#32 2009-04-16 08:49:15
Re: Encryption
DoXiD
Member
Offline

 

I'd suggest plugin support while your at it.
Since then you are not restricted to one crypto function.

i use xFish myself for IRC and a AES plugin for MSN usualy.
so plugin support would be a pri before this, since it will solve this "issue" by itself sorta.



#33 2009-07-31 11:18:58
Re: Encryption
gregda
New member
Offline

 

I would prefer it also in a format when can use our GNU Privacy Guard PGP Keys: there code is available at it's SDK is supposedly easily workable in to any communication protocols and it's consider the stand for opensource high level pubkey/privkey encryption:

http://www.gnupg.org/

Although the would Secure IM usually refer to using a system like that. I would definately like to be able to use my own keys so I can keep all my trust between who I am with the signatures already added to my key



#34 2009-09-28 14:24:40
Re: Encryption
capsaicin
New member
Offline

 

I installed Digsby for the first time today because I am not happy with Trillian lately.  I then noticed that there is no support for OTR or even a proxy server to use otrproxy.  So I had to remove Digsby and returned to using Trillian.  sad



#35 2009-11-12 19:57:31
Re: Encryption
avgjoe
New member
Offline

 

mike wrote:

StepnSteph wrote:

Wow, this STILL hasn't been added yet?

and there's no RSS reader or group chat! omggg /rage

speaking of group chat, you might want to read the end of the thread about that, starting with this post (which has an attitude and message similar to your post but with a better formulated argument). pretty much everything i have to say to your comment is covered there.

getting tired of otr junk popping up i searched for otr support for digsby and found this thread. you should try to control your yourself when dealing with your customer base. you sound like a child. you were right about a better formulated argument in the thread about group chat, i still didnt see where you made any sense there though. of course, your argument about implementing group chat compared to something like otr doesnt hold water. with the python libs for otr already there it shouldnt take more than a day.

i started using digsby after all the privacy concern with the grid computing stuff had happened and been resolved. i overlooked the bundleware because i know how to uncheck boxes. i dont really have to have otr because i dont say anything that could get me into trouble or be used against me over chat. however, the majority of the people on my list use otr clients and its a pain to tell them to disable it for my name. just trying to make it clear why im discontinuing my use of this product. not because im bitter that you didnt implement a feature that i dont need, but because you act like a teenage prom queen in responding to your client base.

i hate pidgin and trillian, but i hate people with a chip on their shoulders more. i would be glad to hear suggestions from anyone that has found some alternatives to the former that isnt developed by the latter.



#36 2009-11-13 14:44:45
Re: Encryption
chris
Digsby Developer
Offline

 

avgjoe wrote:

with the python libs for otr already there it shouldnt take more than a day.

aren't those GPL?




closed topic w/ link == punBB doesn't have merge.
#37 2009-11-16 19:01:56
Re: Encryption
avgjoe
New member
Offline

 

chris wrote:

avgjoe wrote:

with the python libs for otr already there it shouldnt take more than a day.

aren't those GPL?

no idea, most libraries use lgpl so that they can be built into nongpl projects. if this were a feature you had looked into implementing you would know if the libraries were gpl, lgpl or something else.



#38 2009-11-17 11:17:17
Re: Encryption
chris
Digsby Developer
Offline

 

avgjoe wrote:

chris wrote:

avgjoe wrote:

with the python libs for otr already there it shouldnt take more than a day.

aren't those GPL?

no idea, most libraries use lgpl so that they can be built into nongpl projects. if this were a feature you had looked into implementing you would know if the libraries were gpl, lgpl or something else.

emphasis mine.  It would be great if that were true.

Apparently I can't convey rhetoric in three words, at least not on the internet.




closed topic w/ link == punBB doesn't have merge.
#39 2010-06-02 09:35:46
Re: Encryption
Mature
New member
Offline

 

i find this http://wiki.digsby.com/doku.php?id=security

Your IM, email, and social network account passwords are encrypted in a way which prevents them from being retrieved by anyone including all DOTSYNTAX LLC employees.

seems digsby is encrypted



#40 2010-06-05 14:20:07
Re: Encryption
timgriffin57
New member
Offline

 

RobbieG wrote:

Digsby is great!  One thing I miss from my old IM client, however, is the ability to encrypt conversations, file transfers, etc.  Encryption is the major feature missing from Disgsby in my eyes.

Thanks!

Robbie G

You are right. Absence of encryption make users information more vulnerable to hackers. It should be added in digsby



Pages: 1 2 3 

Board footer


Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved