Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » 16 character max password?

16 character max password?

#1 2009-10-13 00:07:47
16 character max password?
Lachlan.c

I recently changed my msn password to a more secure 20 character password with the help of a password generator (keepass).
But for some reason when i try to log into that account on digsby it doesnt work and says the password has to be 16 characters or less.
Yet on the other hand i tried my new password on windows live messenger and it worked.
It doesnt make sense of this password length maximum being shorter then the limit the account can have. This should be changed to the limit that windows live account password max password length is, which just makes sense.
I know i can change my password to be 16 characters in length, but i shouldnt have to because if it can be accepted when i change the password on the account it should work in digsby.

#2 2009-10-13 06:40:12
Re: 16 character max password?
kaot
Super Power User

The problem is on MSN-side. They just cut the passwords behind the 16th char, at least, it was that way the last time i checked.
Try if your pw. works if you only type in the first 16 chars. if it does, you have your answer wink

#3 2009-10-14 03:30:07
Re: 16 character max password?
Lachlan.c

yeah it worked, thank you.
MSN got a stupid system if it lets you change you password and then without warning only uses the first 16 characters of the password.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved