Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Facebook not updating the news feed

Facebook not updating the news feed

#1 2009-10-18 14:11:02
Facebook not updating the news feed
zissu600

My digsby does not seem to update my news feed from facebook, I have to log out of the program and log back in in order for it to update. Is there a box I am not checking or is this a bug?

#2 2009-10-27 13:24:08
Re: Facebook not updating the news feed
eeyore22

No, I'm having the same problem, though mine seemed to start when Facebook separated the feed into "news" and "live" a few days ago.

#3 2009-10-27 16:19:10
rnbwxsprinkles

i've noticed that too. I hate facebook and their random, unnecessary changes. i don't even understand the point of the two news feeds.

#4 2009-10-31 02:02:04
mclang

I am experiencing this same situation. Only updating on restarts of the compy or when i just exit and reopen Digsby. I guess it could be the recent switch of them doing this seperate news feed, but I just switched to windows 7 this past week and coincidentally my suspicions pointed to that first since it was a recent change for me. Wish we could hear from an administrator if this is a problem they have heard about or they are working on. Thanks.

#5 2009-11-02 14:09:37
mcduffy1904

I too am having this issue, and noticed it just after Facebook added the live feed. Sometimes it will run for a while and update but after a few hours it stops.

#6 2009-11-02 21:36:26
ShoeSh1ne

Same here.

#7 2009-11-06 15:00:55
AdamColligan

I'm still experiencing a milder form of this problem.  My Facebook News Feed updates in Digsby for a period of time - on the order of a couple of hours - and then stops doing so (no error message or other obvious cues).

Restarting Disgby reconnects to Facebook and get the latest news. Of course, if you have to go to the Facebook website to see whether you have to restart Digsby, it does kind of defeat the purpose...

Maybe, if the configuration on the Facebook side keeps changing and messing with the Digsby developers' code, an option to think about would be a "reset this connection" option in the context menu for Facebook (or Twitter, etc. for that matter) on the Buddy List?

#8 2009-11-06 18:01:18
Biggeh

Same problem here. When I first login, it updates just fine for a while... but after a while the updates just stop coming in completely for facebook. I've tried disconnecting from just facebook and then reconnecting, but the connection just hangs, it won't ever connect. Seems that either closing digsby or logging out and back into digsby is the only way to solve it.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved