Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Yahoo! email. "Failed to connect" (Only one account)

Yahoo! email. "Failed to connect" (Only one account)

#1 2010-06-07 15:54:17
Yahoo! email. "Failed to connect" (Only one account)
mikefeuer

Since early this morning, I have been getting the "failed to connect" on just one of three Yahoo! email accounts Digsby checks. I otherwise can log in no problem from a browser, and my Firefox WebMail Notifier extension has no problem checking and accessing either.

Any known reason why Digsby would have a problem with only one account, and any workaround ?

Many thanks /

#2 2010-06-07 18:22:34
Re: Yahoo! email. "Failed to connect" (Only one account)
mikefeuer

Well.. I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out to no avail.

I have re-ordered my Yahoo! accounts (3 of them)
Edited the failing account
Deleted and added back the failing account.
Signed in/out of Yahoo! with the failing account with no problem.
Changed/saved misc. settings
Changed to new email, then back to regular with no success
Used my.yahoo.com in/out saving settings with no success.

Came across this blog post from Yahoo! that seems to have some relevance this one account only because it's an account that we never send from and don't receive many emails in.. but as mentioned it's checked/logged in with no problem all the time via web or Firefox, but not failing Digsby. Logically this would be a Yahoo! change issue, why else would my other two accounts have no problem with Digsby.

I assume the developers will comment sooner or later but I've spent all I can on this. / Thanks to all.

http://www.myyblog.com/blog/2010/06/04/ … -my-yahoo/

#3 2010-06-07 19:00:29
timpany

I have exactly the same problem. I have 15 yahoo accounts on digsby. since a week ago, only one of them started to fail to connect. Since this afternoon, 8 of them are not connected any more.

#4 2010-06-07 22:32:37
mikefeuer

timpany thanks for your reply. My probably only showed up today, so a little while ago I started wondering if it had something to do with the Yahoo!/Facebook integration reported. Came across this item From EFF that addresses Yahoo Pulse settings to opt out, but here again I don't see any relevance. Something will show up...

#5 2010-06-08 03:56:13
carbonize
Super Power User

Slightly off topic but why the heck would you need 15 email accounts ?

Back on topic after the initial failure if you right click on the Yahoo mail bit and select Check Now does it log in fine then or still fail?

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#6 2010-06-08 06:17:43
mikefeuer

For me it also is "Failed to connect"

carbonize wrote:

Back on topic after the initial failure if you right click on the Yahoo mail bit and select Check Now does it log in fine then or still fail?

#7 2010-06-08 08:48:33
mikefeuer

Try changing to "new email" interface.
I understand there was a protocol change creating the problem on "classic", however I don't understand why my two classic accounts have been and continue to function throughout.

#8 2011-04-08 13:07:47
vandarbar

if you kill one account ( hacked so I have to restart on a new account) how can i change the eamil accoutn - it won;t let me edit it....

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved