Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » MSN: You have signed in from another location

MSN: You have signed in from another location

#1 2011-01-28 01:23:02
MSN: You have signed in from another location
damon_achey

I've been getting this message all day.  I am NOT signed in from another location, I've changed my password just in case, and every attempt to reconnect (which should boot any other session) fails with the same message.  Anyone else seeing this?

#2 2011-01-28 03:09:16
Re: MSN: You have signed in from another location
fran1987

I am, since last night.
Quick fix, please?

#3 2011-01-28 03:12:06
dpvball

i have been getting the same issue. signing in on msn either through hotmail or msn messenger work fine, the problem only occurs when using digsby as well...

#4 2011-01-28 08:04:18
mkoosaar

Same problem here. It started today. Dont know whats wrong ? From anywhere else i can connect to msn, but not from digsby, says the same as damon_achey posted.

#5 2011-01-28 09:52:21
rskude

Same problem for me and it works fine in other applications:-/

#6 2011-01-28 10:21:17
charpman

I too am having this problem.  OS Windows 7 64-bit. It just started last night on my main PC, and it's doing it this morning on my laptop.  However, rebooting my main pc last night cleared up the issue.

#7 2011-01-28 12:24:45
edoublea

Same here.  All my other IM accounts are working fine, except for Live Messenger, which reports the following at login: "MSN Error - This account has been signed on from another location".

This just started yesterday (1/27/11).  The account works fine with other IM aggregators (like Meebo), which makes me think this is Digsby-specific.

#8 2011-01-28 12:57:09
godboo

same here...please fix!!!!

#9 2011-01-28 13:26:41
spoonwzd

Started happening for me this morning. Unable to connect using Disgby all day. Can connect with Messenger no probs...

#10 2011-01-28 13:37:38
danny6869

It started happening for me as well.  Very odd.

#11 2011-01-28 13:52:57
charpman

to add some detail, it looks like it does indeed connect, it starts to load the contact list even, then it drops the connection and gives the '...signed in from another location' message. I have too have confirmed that I can connect to MSN via other aggregators and with LiveMessenger.  I just heard from my wife and she's having the same problem as well.

#12 2011-01-28 14:02:59
carbonize
Super Power User

You sure you don't have Hotmail open in a web browser or possibly an IM client running on your phone?

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#13 2011-01-28 14:39:36
mkoosaar

yea, i'm sure, checked every thing

#14 2011-01-28 15:01:53
carbonize
Super Power User

Shame it's not like AIM where it gives you the option to disconnect the other connection.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#15 2011-01-28 15:47:13
steve
Digsby Developer

Any idea what is triggering it?  Do you have Hotmail logged in to Messenger?  Or some other MSN service that may have you signed in like Live Mesh?

#16 2011-01-28 15:47:54
mkoosaar

Did a restart to my computer and now it seems that digsby is working perfectly, dont know what was wrong

#17 2011-01-28 16:30:45
steve
Digsby Developer

Others who are having this:  Let us know if it resolves itself over the next 12-24 hours.  Some people reported that it fixed itself so it may be a server issue on their end.

Or, if you figure out what is triggering it so we can reproduce the problem here, let us know as well.

#18 2011-01-28 16:47:42
damon_achey

mkoosaar wrote:

Did a restart to my computer and now it seems that digsby is working perfectly, dont know what was wrong

Restart was ineffective for me and the problem persists.  I'll follow up in a day or two with a status update.

#19 2011-01-28 17:04:17
DoctorPolski

Had same problem, turned off Live Mesh and the problem went away. Thing is though, I run Live Mesh on my main PC at work and it never had this problem not even today when a lot of these reports would have been made. First saw this tonight and came straight here and tried the Live Mesh option.

Why now and not before? I run Digsby on 3 different machines which have had Live Mesh running on them for over a week now and this is the first time this has happened.

#20 2011-01-28 17:07:32
steve
Digsby Developer

Interesting.  Are others also seeing Live Mesh as the cause?

Pages: 1 2 3 … 8 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved