Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » MSN: You have signed in from another location

MSN: You have signed in from another location

#21 2011-01-28 17:08:01
Re: MSN: You have signed in from another location
damon_achey

DoctorPolski wrote:

Had same problem, turned off Live Mesh and the problem went away. Thing is though, I run Live Mesh on my main PC at work and it never had this problem not even today when a lot of these reports would have been made. First saw this tonight and came straight here and tried the Live Mesh option.

Why now and not before? I run Digsby on 3 different machines which have had Live Mesh running on them for over a week now and this is the first time this has happened.

Good call!  I run Digsby on machine A, and Live Mesh on machines B & C.  When I close both live mesh sessions I was able to log back in again.  At least we know what it is now.

#22 2011-01-28 17:12:03
ocitrev

Same thing here, I turned off Live Mesh on my PCs and now I can sing in MSN using Digsby.  Funny thing, once singed in, I can re-enable Live Mesh and I don't get disconected in Digsby. But then, when I disconnect/reconnect in Digsby while Live Mesh is still running, I get the "You have signed in from another location"

#23 2011-01-28 17:13:23
bitterpoet

I am also having this problem. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with Digsby build 29291. I am also running Live Mesh on my main PC and laptop but this has never been an issue before. Disabling Mesh would not be a suitable workaround as I make use of it every day. I don't want to have to use a different messenger.

#24 2011-01-28 17:18:08
rskude

Yes same for me and when I turn it off everything is back to normal..

#25 2011-01-28 18:29:03
Creamms

Weird that's it's got to do with the mesh though? I'm running 32bit Windows 7 and it was working no problems up to about 21.00ish. It was the same last night. Didn't do anything, just randomly signed me out. Did the same thing of changing my password just in case too.

#26 2011-01-28 21:02:03
liquidhell

I can confirm that signing out of Windows Live in Windows Live Mail or Outlook will also allow Digsby to connect (for those of you who use desktop-based mailing clients but not Live Mesh and are having this issue). In the past, they seemed to be able to be logged in simultaneously, it could be a change on Windows Live networks that has caused this.

In Windows Live Mail 2011, this is the last button with your display picture on it along the top ribbon bar. Simply sign out there. In Outlook 2007/2010, I believe this is in the 'social networking' part of the emails.

Last edited by liquidhell (2011-01-28 21:05:36)

#27 2011-01-28 21:33:04
Danny_Staten

So on my laptop I use at work, I can use Digsby just fine all day including my messenger account.  That laptop is shut down now so I know for a fact that it isn't connecting to messenger.  My home machine however says I am connected from another location.  So if my other machine was just fine, and it is absolutely and positively offline then there shoudln't be any reason why this machine thinks it is connected from another location.

For me this started last night, and it is driving me crazy right now.  I can't help but wonder if there is something going on when I close out digsby on that machine if something on my actual digsby account doesn't update and it makes digsby on any other machine think that I am still connected to messenger.  Just a speculation of mine.

#28 2011-01-29 03:37:16
IanLeeds

steve wrote:

Interesting.  Are others also seeing Live Mesh as the cause?

It is for me. As soon as I quit Live Mesh the problem goes.
I can then restart Mesh and it seems OK.

#29 2011-01-29 03:46:34
Hotdogger

I also started to see this message since yesterday. So far, I have tried a reboot and it still doesn't sign in. As for the other solution of turning off Livemesh, I don't even know what that is so I probably don't have it. Any other solutions?

#30 2011-01-29 07:32:09
spoonwzd

IanLeeds wrote:

steve wrote:

Interesting.  Are others also seeing Live Mesh as the cause?

It is for me. As soon as I quit Live Mesh the problem goes.
I can then restart Mesh and it seems OK.

Same here - quitting Mesh enables me to connect using Digsby (Mesh is on a different machine). Once Digsby is connected I can enable Mesh again, but I need to kill Mesh again the next time Digsby connects.

#31 2011-01-29 07:50:23
steve
Digsby Developer

Hotdogger wrote:

I also started to see this message since yesterday. So far, I have tried a reboot and it still doesn't sign in. As for the other solution of turning off Livemesh, I don't even know what that is so I probably don't have it. Any other solutions?

Make sure you are not logged in to Messenger via Hotmail.

#32 2011-01-29 07:51:22
steve
Digsby Developer

We are working on upgrading our MSN protocol now to support login from multiple locations.  In the meantime, it seems signing out of Live Mesh or Messenger in Hotmail avoids this issue.  We'll have an upgraded MSN out within 1-2 releases.

#33 2011-01-29 08:01:35
steve
Digsby Developer

For those being affected by the Live Mesh issue:

Are you running "Live Mesh Beta" or "Windows Live Mesh 2011"?

#34 2011-01-29 08:11:09
spoonwzd

steve wrote:

I'm running the latter.

#35 2011-01-29 08:36:28
Creamms

I have Windows live installed but not running when I use Digsby, Not even sure what Live mesh is...

#36 2011-01-29 08:38:23
spoonwzd

Creamms wrote:

I have Windows live installed but not running when I use Digsby, Not even sure what Live mesh is...

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mesh?os=other

#37 2011-01-29 10:10:02
Hotdogger

steve wrote:

Hotdogger wrote:

Make sure you are not logged in to Messenger via Hotmail.

I did make sure about that, but Digsby was still not signing in.

#38 2011-01-29 10:40:53
ocitrev

steve wrote:

I have the issue and I'm using Windows Live Mesh 2011

#39 2011-01-29 11:18:48
rskude

I am also running Windows Live Mesh 2011.

#40 2011-01-29 12:45:16
DoctorPolski

I'm on Live Mesh 2011.

Just in addition my work machine is on 24/7 and it has had Live Mesh 2011 running on it for over a week now. I connect with Digsby on my laptop or main machine at home in the evenings from a cold boot and that has been fine all week until yesterday when I first noticed this.

I only needed to turn Live Mesh 2011 off on my laptop in order for it to connect to Hotmail through Digsby, it was still running on my work machine.

What I haven't tested is whether or not being signed in to Live Mesh 2011 on the same local network/subnet might affect this.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 … 8 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved