Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » MSN: You have signed in from another location

MSN: You have signed in from another location

#141 2011-08-13 06:48:42
Re: MSN: You have signed in from another location
ganiest

Hi,
giving news.

-I disconnected messenger inside hotmail, didn't change anything.
-I disabled WLM Companion in IE even if I don't use IE, didn't fix the problem.
-I tried deleting the MSN folder inside the cache folder like computerdr74 told but the issue is still not fixed.

I'll continue testing other things but I'm losing hope wlm will work in digsby one day.

Last edited by ganiest (2011-08-13 06:48:55)

#142 2011-08-14 18:59:58
bfarber

I have a Windows Phone 7 device. Now, with Mango Update for developers, we can stay online in Windows Live Messenger from the smartphone. In this case, my Digsby now is all the time with this problem. Unfortunately, I will seriously consider to never more use Digsby.  sad

In the Meebo App (for example) I don´t have this problem.

Last edited by bfarber (2011-08-14 19:00:56)

#143 2011-08-27 06:53:18
jeroen

my 'fix': go to hotmail, sign in to messenger there, now reconnect with digsby (which will sign you out of the hotmail messenger) and it should work.

#144 2011-08-29 12:10:24
chrispauly

I have a Windows Phone 7 Mango, and it's causing this issue as well.

The last post in this thread from a Developer or Power User was 3 months ago.  Any updates about the release of new code to fix this?

I enjoy the Digsby client for the ability to connect to multiple IM accounts.  I hope the new MSN code that had been posted about back in February is still forthcoming, since whatever bits are in the current version I am running (Build 30088) is not working well.

I'll volunteer to run beta bits to test the new MSN code, if you're looking for feedback.

#145 2011-08-29 23:10:32
TommyTom

Well, I am back on Digsby after being totally annoyed by Trillian's ads (what a F*** up).

I rarely get it anymore.
The only thing I suggest is if it's working, don't mess with it.
Don't close Digsby. Don't do anything that will rapidly disconnect/reconnect your Internet/networking (installing firewall, virtual LAN, or especially installing VirtualBox networking option or updating as it uninstalls and reinstalls for a total of 2 network resets).

Something is buggy with the signin.
I thought, at one point, the "Live Sign-in Assistant" was circumventing the problem (you won't know it's there unless you look through "add/remove programs" or "Programs and features"), because as soon as I remove it, it got worse.

But, the problem came up again and it didn't matter if I installed that or removed it.

So, it's still a Digsby bug.
All I can say is it's random and just keep trying.
It seems more stable lately (before today's update). Both in that it rarely comes up, and if it does, it merely takes a couple or a single try to sign in.

Hopefully, since we got an update today (sucks there is not a blog, changelog, or announcement post to be seen), that means we will start seeing more updates soon and our devs are back to work after the acquisition.

If not, they will be losing me as a member soon if things start going south again. I started suggesting Digsby to friends looking for an alternative to annoying Trillian, but kinda hard to do that with no devs around. Waiting for a catastrophic event where all protocols drastically change and Digsby is completely broken and useless without an update.

Last edited by TommyTom (2011-08-29 23:22:22)

#146 2011-09-01 22:13:22
TommyTom

Here we go again...
Like I said... Don't rapidly disconnect/reconnect or close/open digsby.

I booted up my computer today after having it off while I was away for a day and the contact list was BLANK. Completely BLANK in the buddy list area (menu and email parts where there and functioning).

I closed Digsby cleanly, then shortly after started it back up. Now I'm stuck not being able to get on Live/Hotmail again. The E-mail is working fine (I can open it and it logs me in, and see the E-mail preview).

The best thing I can think of is the E-mail check is taking up the only (perceived?) login slot. Maybe reordering the E-mail AFTER a successful login will fix it.

Tried removing the E-mail checking option and it didn't help, so that's not it either.

This is just getting really dumb now. We need some Digsby devs.

Last edited by TommyTom (2011-09-02 17:20:36)

#147 2011-09-05 07:56:21
madriss

Never had this issue before but I've just got it for the first time today. Digsby had been running fine for 3 hours on MSN, AIM and Yahoo, then suddenly it said I'd logged in from another location to my MSN account. When I try to reconnect it, it works and says I'm online for a split second then I get logged off again with the same error. I'm not logged in from anywhere else I only use the account on Digsby I don't even use it for emails or anything. In my case, closing digsby and re-opening it seems to have fixed it and I'm now connected, just thought I'd add this report here though since it seems to be a long standing problem.

#148 2011-09-08 15:36:27
RicardoB

I've always had this and was looking for an update. Tried signing in to MSN in hotmail and totally fixed the problem.

#149 2011-09-08 19:17:36
poualf

I´ve the same problem since months, its aleatory, several days works ok, and suddendly says that connect at other location, ussualy to resolve it I sign in in messenger or messenger on line, after click on reconect on digsby, sometimes reconect, if not I restart Digsby, but sometimes not conect... and I left unconected.

#150 2011-09-11 14:16:59
nacho2487

Having the same problem and it is because i am signed in the hotmail page, after i signed out the hotmail page i can reconect in digsby. Please fix it!

#151 2011-09-11 21:08:46
TommyTom

Trillian updated and now allows offline MSN messages again. (Digsby seems to be broken still in this regard and the login problems still).
Ending up buying Trillian.

Digsby f'ed up and off for too long.
I would have bought Digsby if they had bothered to do ANYTHING worth a damn lately.

Two updates with no info on what they are about and now there is a spammer on the forum (kobe) and no admins or moderators in sight.

I'm done.
I'll keep digsby as a backup, but that's it. I don't think I want to even accept the incoming updates until they post a f'ing changelog.

Last edited by TommyTom (2011-09-11 21:10:43)

#152 2011-09-19 12:03:03
Arangarx

Still having the problem, Digsby ;p  I don't log in to MSN through anything else ;p

Edit:  I tried what someone else did just now and logged in to MSN messenger in my browser and that allowed me to connect...

Last edited by Arangarx (2011-09-19 12:04:22)

#153 2011-10-17 23:29:21
dice

I believe I understand what the problem is, here's the gist of it:

According to the MSN FAQs (here: http://messenger.msn.com/help/#LQ24), a Microsoft® .NET Passport is required as part of logging in to MSN. 

This means that if you are logged into a Hotmail account that is also the same account as your MSN account that you are trying to login via Digsby, you will have the "You have signed in from another location error" that will keep popping up and not allow you to login. 

Essentially, logging into your Hotmail account also logs into your MSN account even if you don't explicitly do so.  I don't know the technical details but I'd assume it's "holding your place" for convenience sake with the Microsoft® .NET Passport credentials just in case you want to sign in to MSN from Hotmail. 

This would be why the suggested work-around of logging into MSN via Hotmail, then logging in via Digsby would work (as the Microsoft® .NET Passport credentials follow the "only allow the most recent log in; only 1 log in at a time" rule). 

I don't know of any settings on Hotmail which disables the "place-holder log in" so you don't have to manually do the work-around, but if my understanding of this is correct, then this would be a Hotmail problem and not a Digsby problem. 

Note that closing the browser doesn't necessarily log you out of MSN from Hotmail as the authentication procedures are handled via the browser's plug-in container which doesn't always shut down as soon as the browser itself does (which might explain why some people need to reboot).

#154 2011-10-19 15:04:49
samsonious

The problem with your theory is that actually specifically signing out of hotmail still doesnt necessarily allow you to sign in on digsby.

More importantly than that, it cannot be anything other than an issue with digsby as it works with every other client ive tried, first time every time. So how can that possibly be hotmails fault?

#155 2011-10-21 12:40:18
bphilp

Had same error... turned off Mesh from work and home PCs and Digsby is now able to login under MSN.  Looks like a Digsby issue.

#156 2011-10-21 17:47:15
michealkaan

This means that if you are logged into a Hot-mail account that is also the same account as your MSN account that you are trying to login via Digsby, you will have the "You have signed in from another location error" that will keep popping up and not allow you to login.

#157 2011-10-23 20:53:30
kd5eej350

jeroen wrote:

my 'fix': go to hotmail, sign in to messenger there, now reconnect with digsby (which will sign you out of the hotmail messenger) and it should work.

This worked for me.

#158 2011-10-27 06:45:06
Scottbailey

This worked for me:

Sign into Hotmail via web.

Along the left hand side in the menu bar where it says Inbox, Junk, Drafts, etc.

Keep your eyes on the left bar and scroll down till it says:
"Sign into messenger"

Click it to Sign in.
Then again to sign out...

Might work, Does for me every so often.

#159 2012-07-13 18:44:47
plato1123

So 100s or 1000s of people are logging in to hotmail to change their passwords just because Digsby pushed out a f'd up update?  *sigh*  Heavy drinking night, Digsby staff?  http://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/d … 1326519898

#160 2014-06-18 19:45:32
ranshe

So it's now 2014... and I still have this issue.
Is it working for others, or nobody gives a damn anymore?

Pages: 1 … 6 7 8 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved