Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » [Utility] Chat Log Converter+ 3.0 - Now working!

[Utility] Chat Log Converter+ 3.0 - Now working!

#1 2011-09-27 01:33:19
[Utility] Chat Log Converter+ 3.0 - Now working!
k0nane

Hello, Digsby community! Some of you may be familiar with Chat Log Converter+ - one of the only chat log conversion tools ever available. It's very complete. I'll start with a description from an archived copy of the author's site:

goo.gl/76pqL wrote:

Chat Log Converter+ is the tool you need if you chat with your friends, coworkers or family.  Chat Log Converter+ will do almost everything you need to keep your chat history with you.  Whether you are changing clients, changing locations, or changing computers - your chat history logs will never be left behind again!

Take chat logs created by Trillian and convert them into logs specifically used by Digsby or ditch Digsby for the hot new client Astra.  Whether you are converting to something tried and true, or trying the hot new thing, the Chat Log Converter+ will be right there with you.  It's ability to easily add new clients makes it the perfect solution to grow in the future.

Convert From:
Adium, Aim, Aim+, aMSN, BeeJive iPhone, DeadAIM, Digsby, Empathy, Gaim, Gajim, ICQ, Jabbim, Kopete, middle_man, Miranda, MSN, MSNPlus, Pidgin, Psi, QIP, Skype, Trillian, Xfire, Yahoo

Convert To:
Adium, Aim, Aim+, aMSN, DeadAIM, Digsby, Empathy, Gaim, Jabbim, Kopete, middle_man, MSN, MSNPlus, Pidgin, Psi, QIP, Trillian

The problem is that, even if one gets a copy of this lovely piece of freeware, it refuses to start, as it tries to check for updates via an XML file on a domain that's nothing but a parked page.

As I know this utility has a lot of use to people switching to and from Pidgin, Trillian, Digsby, Miranda, and all of the official IM clients, I decided to revive it by hosting a copy of the final pluginslist.xml myself, and fixing the EXE to check my server, rather than the defunct logconverter.com.

Interested?

Download

Attention mods/admins: this application is FREEWARE. The fix that I have included is a simple change of string. This should not violate any anti-warez policies. Also, I do apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

#2 2011-09-27 01:33:49
Re: [Utility] Chat Log Converter+ 3.0 - Now working!
k0nane

Post reserved for future use. Please note I am not the author of this application and cannot fix any bugs it may contain.

#3 2011-10-01 17:20:47
falthazar

Hmm, I have been looking for this for a whileeee, just in case I need to switch from digsby. I'm testing it out now (from digsby to pidgen). Will post if it works or not.

EDIT: Tried it, works perfectly. THANK YOU.

Last edited by falthazar (2011-10-02 00:26:59)

#4 2012-03-12 14:52:07
cozappz

Me too, I was looking for this for a long time (because I'm lazy to code one myself smile
Converting from Adium to Digsby and then reverse.
Anyway, judging both formats, I see there is politics involved otherwise the formats are pretty much compatible.

Good work.

EDIT: the converter works as expected.

Last edited by cozappz (2012-03-12 14:53:42)

#5 2012-05-03 00:56:57
anastrophe

hi, just found and tried this - but i get the same problem i had with the original version - right after it checks server for updates, i get a popup error stating:
"System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at aa.a(Object a_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)"
when i click 'ok', i then get a Microsoft .NET Framework error message:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will clsoe immediately.     'maxValue' must be greater than zero. Parameter name: MaxValue. "

i can click continue, and i get a 'from to' dialogue that i can select folders in - but the 'Go' button never ungrays.

i tried running it in XP compatibility mode, and as administrator, no difference. (i'm on win 7 64bit).

not sure where to go from here.

#6 2014-10-26 16:16:11
stlane

FYI, the author of the Log2Log chat log converter just finished updating it to include converting from Digsby log files to Pidgin and Trillian! I just tried it on 2200 Digsby logs and they converted seemlessly over to Pidgin!

You can download the new version (1.0.3) here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/log2log … p_redirect

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved