Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Isn't it about time digsby whent open source?

Isn't it about time digsby whent open source?

#1 2011-12-01 17:59:26
Isn't it about time digsby whent open source?
JustinSane

The digsby team seem to have buggered off to some far distant land, and they don't give a rats about the app any more, or the people that use it.

It's time for someone to take this project over, and the best way to do this is to make it open source. This could then be ported to other platforms, and updated more often when things break.

Thoughts?

#2 2011-12-01 19:31:15
Re: Isn't it about time digsby whent open source?
Zero3K

They do care about Digsby. They're being forced to work on other projects that Tagged wants them to work on.

#3 2011-12-02 03:16:10
carbonize
Super Power User

Yup the problem isn't that the team doesn't care about Digsby the problem is Tagged doesn't care about Digsby which does make you wonder why they bothered to buy it neutral

I was personally expecting a Tagged branded Digsby with Tagged integration but that was not what Tagged wanted apparently.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#4 2011-12-13 09:32:08
k.electron

frankly i just dont give a s*** anymore what their problems are. if you can't handle a project, just open source it and remove the cloud syncing of preferences.

#5 2011-12-21 16:52:03
Elevory

I'm in very strong support of this idea. At this point, I think it might be the only way to save the program from an utter fade-away.

#6 2011-12-22 05:52:44
carbonize
Super Power User

k.electron wrote:

frankly i just dont give a s*** anymore what their problems are. if you can't handle a project, just open source it and remove the cloud syncing of preferences.

Remove the cloud syncing and you'd lose half the user base.

As to your first line you mean like all the other projects that people have stopped working on and so made open source like, errmmmm, errrr. Nope can't think of any. And Tagged now own dotSyntax and so also own the Digsby program so the chances of it going open source are zero to none.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved