Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Digsby not dead. . .

Digsby not dead. . .

#1 2012-02-08 15:40:20
Digsby not dead. . .
SacredCultivator
Power User

All explained here:
https://www.facebook.com/digsby

#2 2012-02-08 15:44:14
Re: Digsby not dead. . .
striner

You beat me to it smile I just received the Twitter message, I can confirm this
https://twitter.com/#!/digsby/status/167347166661193728
I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by striner (2012-02-08 15:44:25)

#3 2012-02-08 15:53:31
erick
Digsby Developer

Hey everyone, we're working on plans for Digbsy and will have something to announce this spring. smile

#4 2012-02-08 15:54:18
erick
Digsby Developer

Sorry for the lack of updates. That's been a failure on my part. We've been going over which direction to take Digsby in and how to do it.

#5 2012-02-08 16:08:21
Elevory

Needless to say, I am very excited.

#6 2012-02-08 21:01:44
SacredCultivator
Power User

Well thanks erick for the reply, and I'm just happy that you guys haven't forgotten about Digsby. Look forward to the Spring, although just be advised, if come Spring and not much turns out, that's just bad PR for the fans that are still using Digsby.

Since I'm sure a good portion of Digsby users have left it and probably won't be returning unless something drastic happens.

#7 2012-02-11 18:02:29
WillieT

I'm super happy to hear you guys are still around!

#8 2012-05-17 20:47:01
iLoveSuccess

Even with features disabled and FB login problems I still love Digsby. Looking forward to see what happens. Please keep us updated!

#9 2012-05-17 22:38:43
SacredCultivator
Power User

Yups... Spring is coming to an end soon... And almost Summer... Doubt they going to make their "Deadline" that work will be done/released for Digsby during Spring.

But seriously I hope when they are "back" that the new update is HUGE and not some crappy bugfixes type because they took over a year hiatus.

#10 2012-05-20 08:50:36
swaninja

I really don't need anything to change other than fully restored functionality. I find the digsby set up to miles ahead of anything else.Tried using trilian for the past month and just find it to be a really clunky ui and really beyond just notifying you of things it doesn't replace the need to go to the different email and social network accounts in your browser. With digsby I rarely ever needed to visit the actual websites to maintain the accounts.

#11 2012-05-20 14:37:07
scarystuff

three and a half months later, spring is over. Where is the news?

If you are tired of waiting, like I was, try out https://www.evolvehq.com/ instead. It can also consolidate most IM accounts into one, Facebook is WORKING and if you are a gamer, there are extra stuff to keep you entertained smile

#12 2012-05-21 03:24:00
carbonize
Super Power User

Or you can just do the sensible thing and go with Trillian which is established and well known.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#13 2012-05-21 07:32:55
toldi

I want to (and will) stay with digsby but the problem is this lack of information. It would be nice to have any feedback from the developers so we know what's going on. I think we're not asking for much...

#14 2012-05-21 12:40:17
SacredCultivator
Power User

As I posted on the first post that there was feedback from the developers but it was sorta... "false motivation"? for the users since it was never followed up.

Just a set up to psyche people for an update coming in Spring. Which is near over if anything but it is very sad that there isn't much feedback via the forums because not everyone has Facebook / actually looks at Digsby's Facebook page.

And those "silent updates (without Blog entry) doesn't help at all cause for all we know those updates could have only been changes to the software included in the installer and nothing else.

So it does suck that the Developers, however busy they may be, don't interact with the users as much as they used to.

- - -
I just hope that via their Twitter:
"we've been going over the best direction and plan of action for Digsby."

...doesn't mean in the end, "We feel that Digsby doesn't fit anywhere in this companies list of projects, so we're dropping the project. IF this happens... WOW, and before they do so, they better open source the program so fans can modify/update it.

Last edited by SacredCultivator (2012-05-21 12:42:21)

#15 2012-05-25 21:25:27
ionreflex

Since the acquisition by Tag, the dev won't interact with the users anymore! There was some negative vibes about the acquisition (or was it hostile takeover?) and the lack of feedback doesn't help, it even confirms it! Hell, just look below - copyrighted 2007-2009, tagged in 2011... nothing has been updated since when ? More to the point...

#16 2012-05-28 16:27:39
blubb

I registered here just to let you know that I wrote to all *@tagged.com mailaddresses I could find and asked what their intentions with Digsby are. I wrote that I would contact lifehacker, slashdot, techcrunch etc. if they wouldn't answer me.

I got 2 responses:
--------
Thanks for your note and sorry for the late response.
Can you give me a couple of days and I will get back to you with an update?
Thanks much for the patience.
best

Steve
-------
and:
-------
We have some plans in the works. It will be another couple of months before we can elaborate further but watch for something in the April time frame.
Thanks for your patience. It is appreciated.
-------

Then they created the facebook page & posted their what you quoted - and tweeted the same.
I highly doubt that anything else has happened since then, but I will write my tagged contact today.

Moved on to Trillian btw.

#17 2012-05-29 14:44:38
SacredCultivator
Power User

Yeah when reading that i was like wait... "April"? That month passed and nothing happened....

Either case the keyword from their latest update was "Spring" and well it's the end of May and pretty much Summer. So we know we can't hold them to their word.

They just wanted to make an announcement to get whatever fans they have left to be hyped that they aren't "dead" but clearly at the moment, they are.

I mean I'm sticking with Digsby since alternatives blow (Trillian / Pidgin / MirandaIM) and just hoping that they don't dump the project all together.

- - - -
And also we can safely say it's been well over a YEAR since an update was issued (In regard to having a Blog post about what changed, as we aren't 100% sure what those silent updates changed/fixed... since we've only speculated it was all Adware related.

Last edited by SacredCultivator (2012-05-29 14:45:44)

#18 2012-06-09 21:22:42
Dronak

I have to agree that things don't really look very good.  It seems like problems continue to arise, and fixes for them take a long time to come.  I've been looking at Trillian as an alternative, but still prefer Digsby.  At the moment, I can't really use Facebook, but what I do with the rest seems OK, and I think I'd rather keep using it for that and do without Facebook than try to adjust to a new program with a completely different way of doing things.  I do hope that the developers are working on updates/fixes/etc. and will keep this software alive, because it is good and even with its problems I still prefer it to others.  But as SacredCultivator suggested, open sourcing it might be worth considering -- there may be some good programmers in the user community who would be willing to support the software, which could be very helpful.

#19 2012-06-12 06:37:28
dickdekker

Why can't the board say anything....is it too difficult so say we are dead and broke ?

Future trading Dax Index and AEX index
#20 2012-06-12 12:53:28
carbonize
Super Power User

I have got so fed up of all the spam and lack of dev input on these forums that I suggested they just disable the forums given they are not serving the purpose they were meant for.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
Pages: 1 2 3 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved