Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Digsby Twitter stream ads [to developers]

Digsby Twitter stream ads [to developers]

#1 2009-12-22 20:34:28
Digsby Twitter stream ads [to developers]
davidlyness

[ post removed ]

Last edited by davidlyness (2013-08-08 16:15:29)

#2 2009-12-23 03:40:39
Re: Digsby Twitter stream ads [to developers]
carbonize
Super Power User

I'm sorry but did you even pay attention to that story? What a crock of s***. For a start they say Digsby is going to be showing these ads but then show a screenshot of Twitter with the ads on the iPod touch. Next their so called early mock up of how the ads will look in Digsby's Twitter window is actually Digsby's Facebook newsfeed. Do we really think that if these ads work Digsby will be the only twitter ap to be using them?

I'm sorry but this is just another sad, patehtic attempt at ruining Digbsy's reputation just as the Lifehacker story.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#3 2009-12-23 07:16:18
davidlyness

[ post removed ]

Last edited by davidlyness (2013-08-08 16:15:39)

#4 2009-12-23 10:31:35
kaot
Super Power User

The opt out is very simple - if digsby starts adding advertisement, it's worse than any other client except for ICQ/WLM original, so i'll just switch back to miranda, pidgin Trillian or IMO, or any other client.

#5 2009-12-23 11:03:12
carbonize
Super Power User

davidlyness wrote:

carbonize wrote:

I'm sorry but this is just another sad, patehtic attempt at ruining Digbsy's reputation just as the Lifehacker story.

I did read the story, and as my post says, I do apologise in case Mashable have gotten their story wrong.  I'd just like some kind of confirmation from the Digsby developers what they will / will not be doing - I don't think that's too much to ask.

No I'm not having a go at you but rather at that story. There is no mention of any other Twitter client nor is there any citation from dotSyntax.

If Digsby want to show an ad at the top of the Twitter window then that's fine by me but, as I have said before, for every client that shows ads in the client there is a programmer willing to write an app to remove them.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#6 2009-12-25 06:28:45
davidlyness

[ post removed ]

Last edited by davidlyness (2013-08-08 16:15:45)

#7 2009-12-25 06:35:01
carbonize
Super Power User

It's Christmas so I doubt any of them will be replying any time soon.

C a r b o n i z e

#8 2009-12-27 19:18:31
steve
Digsby Developer

@davidlyness: We removed all the offers in the installer a while back so that revenue stream is long gone.  The research module is optional and Plura is still working to develop a client base for it.  If there are ever ads in Digsby they will either be optional or we will offer an ad-free pro version.  As the article said, the screenshot is an early mockup.

#9 2009-12-27 20:39:46
kaot
Super Power User

good news - sure, i would prefer optional ads, but if you really need money, there is nothing to say against a fair price for an adfree product that works.

#10 2009-12-31 18:04:38
davidlyness

[ post removed ]

Last edited by davidlyness (2013-08-08 16:15:51)

#11 2010-02-18 10:53:51
guitarherofail

so i am seeing ads in my facebook stream now.  how do i opt out, or where do i buy a version that does not have them?

#12 2010-02-18 11:11:05
mike
Digsby Developer

blog.digsby.com wrote:

Trending News: We’ve partnered with the folks at OneRiot to bring the latest trending news stories to your social feeds.  You can enable/disable via Preferences > General & Profile.

#13 2010-02-18 11:37:54
guitarherofail

thank you mike

#14 2010-02-19 19:12:15
ShaggyTDawg

carbonize wrote:

It's Christmas so I doubt any of them will be replying any time soon.

That was real productive. And you were wrong too... HA!

#15 2010-02-19 20:35:24
Aaron
Digsby Developer

Well, technically he was right, none of us devs responded because we were on vacation to various parts of the country. Steve, however, picked up our slack on looking at the forums every now and then.

I'm the one that draws pretty pictures on the screen! (AKA a GUI Dev)
Digsbies.org is currently semi-functional, hopefully it will rise again! Stay tuned!
Talk to us on IRC: #digsby on irc.freenode.org
I has a twitter: @Brok3n_Halo
Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved