Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Customizing » Change the size of the font of received messages ?

Change the size of the font of received messages ?

#1 2008-05-17 14:18:31
Change the size of the font of received messages ?
Upy

Hello.
I know how to change the size of the font I use (Preferences --> Conversation --> Text Formating).
But how can I change the size of the font of the messages I receive ?

Thanks.

#2 2008-09-25 00:03:33
Re: Change the size of the font of received messages ?
herschelaz

go to tools > preferences > skins and under the conversation theme tab uncheck the box that says show message fonts. that worked for me, hope it works for you.

#3 2008-09-25 00:11:29
mike
Digsby Developer

that just disables fonts received from your contacts. you can increase the render size of the message window using common shortcuts for browsers (Ctrl +/-/0/Mouse wheel up/mouse wheel down).

to change *only* the text size of messages requires editing the message styles (preferably creating a variant). luckily the message styles are usually well-designed and this just involves changing a number in a CSS file. Still, it's not exactly "usable", so there might be some enhancements for this in the future if it's feasible.

#4 2008-09-25 02:59:49
crosby

Can you explain what to change in the CSS? I've been trying various things and I can't find it.

Thanks

#5 2008-09-27 00:52:07
TechnoCat

I have edited the css messagestyles to force a font size, but the font size of the other person still comes through. As far as I can tell there isn't an override for font size right now.

#6 2009-06-16 20:53:06
darius1982

I'm also for possibility to edit font size of incoming messages, it's very useful for people with weak eyesight!!!

#7 2010-11-23 12:36:25
varlan

TechnoCat wrote:

I have edited the css messagestyles to force a font size, but the font size of the other person still comes through. As far as I can tell there isn't an override for font size right now.

TechnoCat can you please detail what you have done? It might help me since I want to make my font size 11. As you probably know Digsby doesn't allow odd font sizes, so I can only opt for size 10, which is too small or size 12, which is damn big. big_smile

#8 2011-05-19 16:39:02
kaot
Super Power User

you can edit everything inside the chatwindow, if you know css. just take a little time to edit a chat-theme/create a new one, and you can do all you want.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved