Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Customizing » Digsme - Skin, Theme, Sound, and Emoticon Manager for Digsby [BETA]

Digsme - Skin, Theme, Sound, and Emoticon Manager for Digsby [BETA]

#1 2008-12-01 01:18:05
Digsme - Skin, Theme, Sound, and Emoticon Manager for Digsby [BETA]
Spike

Digsme - Manage your skins, themes, sounds, and emoticons all from one place.

Current Version: v0.2.3257 - (Currently unavailable)

NOTE: This program requires the .NET Framework v3.5 to be installed. You can download the .NET Framework v3.5 free from Microsoft right here. If you have Windows Vista, don't fret - it's preinstalled. The program will warn you when you run it if you don't have the correct .NET framework, so if you aren't sure, just run it.

http://spikex.net/i/disgme-beta1.png

Current Features:

- Manage all your Digsby skins
- | Download new skins from Digsbies.org, import the .zip file into Digsme, and let it do the work!
- | Back up ALL of your skins with just a few clicks!
- | Lost / damaged a skin? Restore from a previous backup.
- | Rename and delete individual skins.

Currently only skins are supported. Rest assured that the development process is going along smoothly, and I expect to have emoticons, sounds, and styles working shortly (in that order). As soon as a stable enough beta is built, I will release it here and update this post.

Skin Authors: Make your skins stand out when loaded in Digsme:

Add a tag in your skin.yaml file:

Code:

Description: <Your Skin Description Here>

And optionally place a 175x175 picture file called preview.png in your base skin directory (res/skins/MySkin/) and have that preview image show up in Digsme.

Please note: This software is currently in BETA. The Skins portion of this program is pretty much complete, but I need your help in testing it. On the off-chance that something goes drastically wrong, you can re-install Digsby with this link (That's the direct installer, not the bloated ad-filled version). There is a very very low chance that this program will damage your Digsby install, however, as the more serious operations (like deleting a skin, or overwriting a current skin) require you to confirm before proceeding.

Known Issues:

- Currently, Digsme only reads from your base Digsby install folder (usually in Program Files). If you manually point Digsme to one of the other locations (ProgramData or AppData), it may or may not work depending on your setup (Can a few people try this and let me know?). In the future I hope to support all three possible locations for customization.
- If your Digsby directory has not been found yet (red X in the corner), you can still do things like (try to) backup or restore. These will cause the application to crash.

To-Do List:
(Items in red are unfinished, items in green are completed)

- When Digsby is not found, disable everything.
- Remember where Digsby is, if the user selects it manually.
- Use all three locations (AppData/ProgramData/Program Files) when checking for content.
- Support emoticon sets.
- Support sounds.
- Support message styles.
- Tighter integration with Digsbies.org (Check for skin updates, download and install from the site automatically)

Last edited by Spike (2010-04-21 01:25:45)

#2 2008-12-01 02:09:40
Re: Digsme - Skin, Theme, Sound, and Emoticon Manager for Digsby [BETA]
itsatrap
Power User

Awesome! Trying this out.

#3 2008-12-01 15:21:31
mike
Digsby Developer

wow, cool! if you have any questions about paths or how digsby loads things, feel free to ask here or in the irc room. because of digsby's auto-update i think it should be a high priority for loading/saving from appdata/userdata folders. of course, it's your project, so you don't have to listen to me ;-)

#4 2009-02-22 00:07:13
colofaus

I'm gonna try this, I'm not the most technical of people and it sounds like it will save a lot of chasing files.
But I love Digsby, its got a little way to go but I'm sticking with it. Any chance of webcam/video chat happening?

#5 2009-03-05 14:01:22
nemo

wow this looks cool!

It would be really sick of this could pull a list of all the available Skins\Emoticons\Styles\Sounds from a website (like digsbies.org) and display a preview of them.  Then if you want it it'll download and install what you selected right then and there.

#6 2009-03-06 03:02:54
eia
Super Power User

@Spike

Great app, hope you continue developing it! When/if you get to the point where you start doing downloads through the app itself, please let me know. I don't have unlimited bandwidth on digbies.org and what I currently get in on the ads (about $10/month) exactly covers the bandwidth costs. I just need an heads-up so I can decide what to do smile

... and now for something completely different

The digsby Wishlist | digsby themes | Community maintained wiki
#7 2009-11-24 10:57:14
Pittepatt

I'm having version 24920. Is it adviced to install this version of the MOD ?

#8 2010-02-18 19:40:52
Wuss912

so is this dead on the vine?

#9 2010-04-05 19:04:51
darakorn

I have problems when used with my native language.

#10 2010-04-06 06:36:52
thndrkiss

Link is broken :s

#11 2010-04-19 20:47:46
Irwin109

thndrkiss wrote:

Link is broken :s

Same problem. It downloaded but incomplete then couldn't be found again...

#12 2010-04-21 01:25:26
Spike

Guys - I've currently reworked my website around, and I cleared everything out (including the download link for this program).

I'll see if I can start working on this program again (since so many people have been using it), and I'll update this thread with any new information.

#13 2010-06-15 22:40:29
WildManiac84

is this going to be released again as it looks like a useful application i would like to try.

#14 2010-08-23 16:00:32
Firestarter

where can i download digsme?...pls an answer?

#15 2010-12-07 00:43:24
Mel517

Where did all the neat emotes go to for Digsby?  I so miss the turtle one and the clouds.  where did they all go?

#16 2010-12-15 15:03:51
iCane

Firestarter wrote:

where can i download digsme?...pls an answer?

please!!!!

link download...!!!!!!

#17 2011-01-03 18:10:00
Radie

Hey look... Yet another Digsby project that claims it is being worked on, but doesnt have even the lsightest of info on it.

Man... Digsby is my choice for IM Client, but man do they lack big time in support of their product... it's borderline "take it as is".

#18 2011-08-03 09:32:25
elfy123
Banned

spammy spam spam

Last edited by mike (2011-09-20 03:10:29)

#19 2011-09-19 20:08:14
thealien

Elfy, what might you be talking about my friend? Looks like you are spamming the forum, and your post has been reported. Either way, I love playing around with the icons but I seem to have lost everything recently. I'm wondering if running a pst recovery or anything IT related like that would help recover some of the things I was sent via e-mail. Have any of you guys dealt with an IT staffing company or anything like that and might be able to help me out?

Last edited by thealien (2011-12-19 19:22:57)

#20 2012-09-29 06:17:08
vli29

Thanks!

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved