Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Feature Requests » Attention Skype Users - Need Feedback

Attention Skype Users - Need Feedback

#281 2011-02-23 15:18:37
Re: Attention Skype Users - Need Feedback
aghnet

Skype is necesary, exist api to integrate it ..

#282 2011-03-03 19:38:44
Chemist

I am using skype more and more so would welcome it in Digsby in any way. From a development/maintenance point of view I'd go for the API route.

#283 2011-03-05 17:10:25
dogojosho

I agree with a few people that have said this...
A mix would be great, Have option 2 as the main but have the option to activate option 1 with skype running.
That would be awesome.

#284 2011-03-15 23:49:46
nate2002

Any New word on adding Skype?

#285 2011-04-14 16:57:31
eboy

dogojosho wrote:

I agree with a few people that have said this...
A mix would be great, Have option 2 as the main but have the option to activate option 1 with skype running.
That would be awesome.

I agree
+ multiple skype login would be great
Skype is getting more and more important

#286 2011-04-30 11:39:46
gptmedical

Just keep in mind for any further Skype developments. You might have a look at IM+
Likewise you should do it in 2 steps. At first have the Chat integrated and may be later the talk part.
Did you check on others how they implemented Skype in their IM tool?
Check with VoxOx or Trillian or evén look how Pidgin is doing it with plugins.
Well that is only an idea and you might be already aware about it.
I am looking forward how you guys will get it done.

#287 2011-04-30 11:51:39
carbonize
Super Power User

Trillian requires you to have Skype running and just uses the api to communicate with it. I suspect the others do the same.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#288 2011-05-17 10:08:45
web

Now that Trillian is free (I actually bought a pro licence, and VERY happy), I'm outa here... nothing interesting been happened in Digsby for many months.

#289 2011-05-17 11:10:40
carbonize
Super Power User

nothing particularly interesting happening in Trillian in months neither. The serverside history doesn't interest me as I don't want to waste my mobile data allowance and Trillian's email handling is still pathetic.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#290 2011-06-22 12:48:10
Sadoc

maybe this is useful:
http://skype-open-source.blogspot.com/2 … eered.html

#291 2011-08-15 05:14:10
rqholic

any update? i didn't realize it's been three years already 'til now. still patiently waiting. option 2, definitely, with a request to run skype if and only if the user wants to use video or call chat. smile

#292 2011-08-21 08:58:05
Schamael

Option 2 would be awesome, as even if you can't do a mix of stuff that'll start Skype for me when I want it, they can just ask me to 'come on properly' which would only take a couple of seconds.

#293 2011-09-23 11:58:38
Hyndsy

Option 2 would be fantastic. I use Skype to chat mostly but if I had to make a call I have no issues opening up the whole client.

#294 2011-09-26 11:57:46
shlhu

I personally am not a fan of either option. Here's why
Option 1: The point of digsby is to condense multiply applications, thus note doing that defeats the purpose... hence I think why everyone thinks 2
Option 2: A lot of people seem to think voice to come after, but reverse engineering that is... unpractical to do within reasonable time (and without copyright infringement?). Again, I don't like having bulky skype on my comp, so having to pull it up for voice (which is what I think everyone uses skype for) is also an annoyance.
Can a negotiation not be made with skype to.... for a lite integration from their end? Given a majority of their income come from calls to physical phones and business conference calls, digsby isn't a full competitor. However, I don't know digsby's business model well enough to know what it can offer to skype for their support though, that's for you guys to figure out....

#295 2011-12-31 01:42:43
tallmyr

Trillian now days have native skype integration using Skypekit.
That might be an alternative?

Just tried Digsby out, and think it's awesome, but without Skype, it's not an option for me sad

#296 2011-12-31 17:36:28
pjm

tallmyr wrote:

Trillian now days have native skype integration using Skypekit.
That might be an alternative?

Yes it now has native support (no need for skype to be running - I've been using trillian for a couple of months now and its rock solid and works perfectly.

As a previous long term digsby user, I have to say I only tried trillian because of all the problems that started to emerge with digsby, and were not being fixed.

2 months in and I havent started digsby a single time.

trillian rocks.

#297 2012-03-03 05:47:31
LenaFacebook

Great suggestion. The second variety is the best one which is the mixture!

#298 2012-10-08 14:38:07
jksadulg

Yea, so.. I googled and saw a post that voxox has this service so I'm going to use them. But digby is really cool, just without skype (IM), it doesn't have all the features I need :/

Last edited by jksadulg (2012-10-08 14:38:15)

#299 2012-10-08 15:52:44
carbonize
Super Power User

jksadulg wrote:

Yea, so.. I googled and saw a post that voxox has this service so I'm going to use them. But digby is really cool, just without skype (IM), it doesn't have all the features I need hmm

So you just joined to say you're not using the product and instead you spam another one nobody has even heard of.

C a r b o n i z e

Pages: 1 … 13 14 15 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved