Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby

Something really odd...

#1 2011-02-15 22:45:45
Something really odd...
ShedoSurashu

I set up an embedded digsby chat on my blog suposedly to allow users to chat with me. Now the odd thing is, there's this "guest" on my Digsby friend list. It's supposedly someone from my blog since my blog is the only place where I put the embeddable Digsby chat.

Here's the thing, that "guest" has been on my blog for 5 days already. I'm just quite bothered how someone can have my blog open straight for 5 days.... I don't know if I should be worried by this or not. The screenshot links are below.

http://screencast.com/t/xVPFEe2c

#2 2011-02-16 04:16:12
Re: Something really odd...
carbonize
Super Power User

I've had this before and it turned out it was just a friend of mine who was running Windows in a virtual machine and had forgot to close the web browser in it. I wouldn't worry about it unless they start messaging you.

You can get the ip and go to http://whois.domaintools.com to find out where the ip is based.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#3 2011-02-16 10:53:10
mike
Digsby Developer

If you like, you can right-click on the contact and delete them. Whoever is on the other end will then see you as offline - until they refresh the page, anyway.

#4 2011-03-16 12:42:43
kathleenr

mike wrote:

If you like, you can right-click on the contact and delete them. Whoever is on the other end will then see you as offline - until they refresh the page, anyway.

Thanks for the helpful tip. I was not aware of that option. smile

#5 2012-11-08 07:30:08
Williams

mike wrote:

Thank you, a great help!

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved