Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Is it Time to Dump dibsby ????

Is it Time to Dump dibsby ????

#1 2012-10-11 10:25:33
Is it Time to Dump dibsby ????
stormsryder57

well I keep coming here to the forums and looking.... hotmail no longer works, msn no longer works, no yahoo no longer works and it seems to be getting worse instead of better???????????
I had been quite satisfied and yes they cannot fix all problems instantly but come on now hotmail has been down a good while?? since they release the new free coding are they not going to keep this running?   Lots of other options out there  this was the best but I hate to say it's reliability certainly is close to rock bottom right now ??

#2 2012-10-11 10:50:35
Re: Is it Time to Dump dibsby ????
coomoro

I used to be using Digsby quite a lot lately and now I am very disappointed. So far, with the new changes, only gmail works. I already installed Trilian to see how it works.

#3 2012-10-11 22:44:11
SacredCultivator
Power User

Too bad most other alternatives just don't compare... even the subscription based, Trilian.

#4 2012-10-12 20:43:19
butchieee

I too have installed Trilian and frustrated with Digby's lack to fix the Hotmail problem.Someone needs to light a fire under there butts.

#5 2012-10-13 00:18:59
Zero3K

Did you try the latest build?

#6 2012-10-13 15:34:04
Zero3K

Please read http://blog.digsby.com/archives/57 to learn how do to so.

#7 2012-10-13 21:28:42
MajorEvent

Zero3K wrote:

Please read http://blog.digsby.com/archives/57 to learn how do to so.

That blog post is 4 years old? What do you mean?

#8 2012-10-13 21:49:06
Zero3K

It tells you how to be able to update to the new build.

#9 2012-10-15 12:26:31
dstriderx

Zero3k is correct -- just download the file and place it into your digsby installation folder.  Restart and wait for Digsby to update.  It worked for me.

#10 2012-10-15 13:01:53
MajorEvent

dstriderx wrote:

Zero3k is correct -- just download the file and place it into your digsby installation folder.  Restart and wait for Digsby to update.  It worked for me.

I placed the file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Digsby. I expected the update to kick in with a restart of Digsby but that didn't happen. How long does it take before the update kicks in or do I have another problem?

Last edited by MajorEvent (2012-10-15 13:02:43)

#11 2012-10-15 13:35:42
dstriderx

Try manual update: Help -> About Digsby -> click on the Digsby icon.

#12 2012-10-15 14:04:53
MajorEvent

dstriderx wrote:

Try manual update: Help -> About Digsby -> click on the Digsby icon.

That's good to know. The update finally kicked in after about an hour. Thanks for the tip!

#13 2012-10-31 10:29:39
Jan Shim

Does anyone know how to fix stubborn contacts (MSN, Google Talk etc)? I want to rename my contacts but each time I restart the app, changes don't stick - so annoying. I reported this as a bug, even posted here a couple of time - even more annoying, not a single reply.

Artist and Photographer
www.shimworld.com
#14 2012-10-31 16:39:30
SacredCultivator
Power User

You shouldn't be surprised there.

Just waiting on them to FIX MSN more than anything else.

#15 2012-11-01 01:02:25
LurkingLurk

MSN is not fixed yet?  So much for that promise about everything being a thousand times better with cherries on top when it turned open source.

#16 2012-11-06 11:14:08
ColoradoGuy1

Just dump it and be done, I am.  The fact that ICQ shows up on ICQ client software HTML tags, and that was in January, and still not fixed and is a major issue, should tell you all that you need to know.  No urgency to fix existing and no new functionality.  No Skype, no MSN mail, no ICQ...better off going with individual or Trillian

#17 2012-11-06 14:00:45
SacredCultivator
Power User

Yups, currently using Trillian for the time being. Sucks cause Digsby remains the best no matter what =/

#18 2012-11-21 10:54:46
toldi

I dont get it... They have already released the Digsby's code, so how it comes that nobody is trying to fix the bugs, release new versions, etc?

#19 2012-11-22 03:09:17
muchasmessangino

ATTENTION: Double post!
Best thing would be to convert Digsby into some kind of imo.im windows client. While there are several clients for imo for other platforms, we are lacking a windows client. So maybe the functionality of imo (almost the same as digsby) combined with the great (!) user interface of disgby will do the trick?

#20 2012-11-22 14:40:19
SacredCultivator
Power User

@toldi: Because said fixes and whatnot need to be approved/confirmed from the developers. This is taking a while because I assume the Developers are just not giving the TIME to Digsby like they should... especially given that the users are able to SUBMIT the fixes to the developers.

They only need to approve/implement them which should save them a lot more time than before where they had to come up with said fix/features.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved