Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Off Topic » Intel core i7 processor getting mainly negative reviews?

Intel core i7 processor getting mainly negative reviews?

#1 2010-01-23 07:47:26
Intel core i7 processor getting mainly negative reviews?
adityagautam
Super Power User

I plan to buy a notebook-pc sometime really soon, and I plan to buy one that comes with an Intel core i7 processor. Now in India, the i7 hasn't yet gained mainstream popularity, its still core 2 (duo mainly but also quad, and rarely, solo) that reins the market, and as of now only Dell ships in computers with the i7 processor among the bigger brands, and I'm not really sure whether or not the core i7 has entered the assembled pc segment yet. So i enter this vendor's store, and he says that though the i7-based computer is available, the processor has been doing real bad in the US, and has received  rather bad  and unfavorable reviews over there. And he did mention  about the processor failing; now I don't know i he meant in the sense its technically failing, as in it getting damaged easily, or a business-and-marketing failure. Now exactly how far is this true? I googled for i7 reviews for over an hour, and I'm yet to find a negative review for it. Yeah I know, its kind of expensive, and the compatible components are expensive too, but beyond that does it contain any technical snags as well? The only one technical con that I found was that since it has a high TDP (the processor that I am looking forward to buy has a thermal power dissipation of 45W). And I am not exactly sure how much this matters. But is their any other technical con to it? I did look up several other realated forums, but they only discussed its awesomeness, or complained about its expense. And I believe chris has an i7 based pc, so I was hoping for some pro help and advice here...

Last edited by adityagautam (2010-01-23 07:50:34)

Thou Shalt be Missed, dotSyntax, LLC.
='(
#2 2010-01-23 14:14:03
Re: Intel core i7 processor getting mainly negative reviews?
adityagautam
Super Power User

Hey! Anybody care to answer? I guess I could do with some help down here!

='(
#3 2010-01-23 14:29:12
Dave
Super Power User

I would just disregard everything he said.  i7's are great.

#4 2010-02-15 11:45:37
borg@CIA.aq

Affirmative Dave.  i7 will hold it's own until the next gen of integrated graphics processors on the die.  That means no bus speed bottleneck.  AMD (owns ATI) has some really interesting plans cooking.

#5 2010-03-02 05:54:02
AbaigealHacket

Nope, I disagree. i7 is a powerful processor with a good performance. I'll definitely get a i7 soon.

#6 2010-03-31 05:08:38
adityagautam
Super Power User

Ok guys, I just got my new machine! Its a Dell Studiop-XPS-1645!!!   

http://www.computercoupons.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dell_studio_xps_131.jpg

Dell(TM) Studio XPS 16 Laptop

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz,4 Cores/8 Threads,turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB Cache)
Windows® 7 Professional 64bit (English)
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
15.6" Edge to Edge Full High Definition(1080p) Display with TrueLife™
ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 - 1GB
Backlit Keyboard

In fewer words, awesome!!!

Last edited by adityagautam (2010-03-31 05:21:15)

='(
#7 2012-12-04 07:40:24
Williams

The i7 is the best on the market. The Intel i7 quad core benchmarks better than  AMD's best 8 core chipset.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved