Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Digsby Joins the Dark Side
 

Digsby Joins the Dark Side

#121 2009-08-20 08:59:09
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
carbonize
Super Power User
Offline

 

I can read. I just read where you stated that a web page can read a registry entry based upon a single page of the internet. You told Sharky to check these things out and yet refuse to do so yourself. Funny how you pick and chose what to answer. Act like an adult for once and admit that you got it wrong and should of checked the facts before starting even more malicious rumours about Digsby and it's installer.

The only person stirring trouble here is yourself. I am just a Digsby user using the Digsby forums where as, from what I can gather, not only do you notuse Digsby yourself you actively got in touch with people and pretty much told them to stop using Digsby as opposed to giving them the facts. Where as when I recommend Digsby I explain that it offers to install programs which they are better off rejecting and I then explain that it uses a research component to also generate revenue and I explain how to disable it but leave it up to them to decide if that is what they want to do. In fact I treat my friends as the intelligent people they are rather than acting like chicken little and getting in touch with them al to apologise for recommending Digsby because I was to stupid to keep up with what Digsby does.




C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#122 2009-08-20 17:33:45
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
Sharky
Member
Offline

 

I still recommend Digsby to people.  For one thing, it doesn't have nudges and wobbles...  or whatever they're called.  Or Winks.  It's worth it just for that.  As long as they promise to never have anything that horrible, I'm happy!  (Or if it is implemented, have an option to totally ignore them).



#123 2009-08-20 20:28:02
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
d5
Member
Offline

 

Interesting read, its also interesting that the How-to-Geek article about installing digsby w/o crapware buys into WoT which is a pretty corporate bunch of shite ....

I dont have any installIQ or Freeze cookies loaded into my fox cookies, but I also have the "accept third party cookies" option disabled and am running cookie monster which is a pretty cool cookie management app. ..

I digress...

Actually, I got nothing now thanks to being interrupted with that annoying dinner time thing....

you guys shouldnt argue, we should try to come to a peaceful resolution between the users that are trying too contribute in order to make digsby a super awesome IM client.

I know the Devs are probably busy, but I dont see them really participating except to pipe in when someone makes a post that is giving wrong info about what digsby or digsby's use of 3rd party software is doing....

I dunno...

wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first i guess....

/shrugg..



#124 2009-08-21 05:10:22
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
RealThoro
New member
Offline

 

steve wrote:

@All:  This issue will be addressed first thing in the morning.  As for performance, the functionality has actually been off this entire time.  It is in the TOS because it was planned for the future and Digsby has not been using your CPU/Bandwidth when idle so if you have had performance issues it is not Digsby related.

I repeat

As for performance, the functionality has actually been off this entire time. It is in the TOS because it was planned for the future and Digsby has not been using your CPU/Bandwidth when idle so if you have had performance issues it is not Digsby related.



All these complaints about their pc being slowed, find a new reason to demean digsby. When during the installation exe. You can choose to decline or accept the features. Apparently you just skimmed through the installation and ignored everything you read.

You can choose to turn off the cpu feature also. They weren't hiding it. They openly told you about it, and how to turn it off.


Yahoo Im uses promotion, Aim does and Live messenger does this also. You can simply Decline what you don't want, and accept what you do want.

I'd much rather have ads in the installation rather than the program. msn yahoo and aim all prefer to use ads.


Last edited by RealThoro (2009-08-21 05:15:13)


#125 2009-08-21 08:25:22
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
carbonize
Super Power User
Offline

 

BTW I just corrected my thread about the Lifehacker post and Trillian Astra. I originally put that Trillian Astra went gold three days after the Lifehack post when in fact it went gold the very next day. I don't care what anyone else says I find the timing suspicious.




C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#126 2009-08-21 12:19:53
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
d5
Member
Offline

 

I loaded up trillian the other day, logged into it just to change the way the layout / skin was... logged in the next morning for about 5 minutes and went back to Digsby -



#127 2009-08-21 17:15:36
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
HankTheDwarf
New member
Offline

 

carbonize wrote:

I don't care what anyone else says I find the timing suspicious.

Until Trillian starts paying you $2 per affiliate download instead of the ~$1 Digsby is currently paying you for the link in your blog. I think at that time you'll find your argument to be as ridiculously paranoid as most everyone else seems to.

Your theories and sadly funny "assassination" verbiage don't do Digsby defenders any favors in the eyes of skeptics, FYI.



#128 2009-08-22 03:07:00
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
Sharky
Member
Offline

 

HankTheDwarf wrote:

carbonize wrote:

I don't care what anyone else says I find the timing suspicious.

Until Trillian starts paying you $2 per affiliate download instead of the ~$1 Digsby is currently paying you for the link in your blog. I think at that time you'll find your argument to be as ridiculously paranoid as most everyone else seems to.

Your theories and sadly funny "assassination" verbiage don't do Digsby defenders any favors in the eyes of skeptics, FYI.

I think it is suspicious, but possibly  highly coincidental.  Plus, he's hardly going to get any referrals from the forums now, is he...  So that argument is kinda thrown out of the window.  Unless I misunderstand what he's getting paid for.



#129 2009-08-22 06:43:29
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
carbonize
Super Power User
Offline

 

Didn't I recently post that I thought it was more likely that Trillian pushed Astra out of the door to cash in on the story?

Also if it was the other way round possibly he does it because on the author's own site they keep refering to Trillian as the best multi IM client and so were upset to see a product getting better publicity?

@Sharky I think I get paid for people downloading and installing Digsby via the my affiliate link in my blog.




C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#130 2009-08-22 15:20:39
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
Sharky
Member
Offline

 

carbonize wrote:

I think I get paid for people downloading and installing Digsby via the my affiliate link in my blog.

I thought as much.  Which means I'm right...  Discussing it on here isn't really going to make much of a difference to your income via this scheme, as most users will already have Digsby anyway, and those that don't are more than likely to click the big "Download Now!" button at the top right.  Can't remember who it was that said you were only defending Digsby because of that, but...yeah.



#131 2009-08-22 17:03:13
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
carbonize
Super Power User
Offline

 

My income in the weeks I've been using it being $0.80 wink

I get more from the Adsense on my site. But since I recommend Digsby to people I might as well make something whilst recommending it.




C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#132 2012-07-12 16:15:56
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
SKJoy2001
New member
Offline

 

The question is not about the research module or letting users to deny with 3rd party offers or whatever, it is about whether we want a neat and clean Digsby or not... and my answer is I want a Digsby with Digsby only, just the Digsby, no other thing.

Question: Does Digsby still come with 3rd party offers?

If the answer is YES, I am going to stick to Pidgin and yes I switched to Pidgin from Digsby.



#133 2012-12-05 11:12:07
Re: Digsby Joins the Dark Side
Williams
Member
Offline

 

Money makes the world go round. digsby wouldnt be here it it were not for money



Pages: 1 … 5 6 7 

Board footer


Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved