Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » General Discussion » Goodbye Digsby...

Goodbye Digsby...

#1 2012-07-17 13:24:22
Goodbye Digsby...
simspace

It's time to part ways.

Your social networking issues have been a problem for me for over a year now. I've been very patient, but I'm done!

Each update promises to fix the problem. That has not been the case. In fact the last update this past week has made things worse. Since that update I have not been able to connect to any of my social networks accounts.

It's too bad because the other options out there are not that great. But at least they work.

I wish you all success, but the way things are going it's not looking too promising.

Last edited by simspace (2012-07-17 13:25:29)

#2 2012-07-17 13:31:01
Re: Goodbye Digsby...
carbonize
Super Power User

The last update fixed the Facebook problem for me and pretty much everyone else.

Personally I hate stupid 'goodbye' post liek this. Totally attention seeking and remind me of a child saying it's their ball and they're going to take it in.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#3 2012-07-17 14:56:55
simspace

That's cool. Hate all you want!

That does not change the fact that the last update DID NOT fix the Facebook problems for me. In fact I am now having Twitter connections issues which I have never experienced with Digsby prior to this update. So now it's worse.

If I am still having issues, then the recent update has not fixed the problem for "everyone." As I stated earlier, I have been PATIENT with this issue for over a year.

Sometimes the only way an individual can get an organizations attention after several complaints regarding an on-going issue is to let them know you will now longer be using their product. That's what I did.

This is also a means making potential users, who may be browsing the forums, aware of on-going problems with this product.

The only stupid, attention-seeking, child-like post is the one that complains about another persons valid post and thoughts.

Last edited by simspace (2012-07-17 15:29:29)

#4 2012-07-17 16:06:04
carbonize
Super Power User

So the lack of updates and lack of feedback for months and the recent post explaining that Digsby is going open source leads you to believe they will be working like crazy on updates?

As I said before I have no problem with people stopping using a product for whatever reason what I hate is the stupid posts they feel the need to make which always come across as childish. Less my ball analogy and more "you wont do what I want so I wont be your friend".

if you are going to stop using Digsby then just stop using it.

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#5 2012-07-17 16:48:27
simspace

Here's a simple solution...

If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

Last edited by simspace (2012-07-17 17:08:01)

#6 2012-07-17 17:18:52
Dronak

The last update fix most problems for me, but right now, Facebook is having issues again.  It popped up the authentication window, I did that, it closed, but didn't log in.  I retried somehow, and now it's sitting on "Connecting..."/"Authenticating..." (depends on where I look) and clicking "Cancel" does nothing.  Anyone else running into this lately?  I hope it's either temporary and fixes itself, or Digsby pushes out another update (sooner rather than later) that will take care of it.  BTW, I just tried exiting and restarting Digsby, but Facebook still won't connect.  It didn't pop up the authentication window this time though, so maybe the credentials are being kept and it's some login issue (which side, I don't know).

#7 2012-07-27 12:59:25
kryten4b

Yes, i have the same

#8 2012-08-01 07:52:11
Katagiri

Sometimes it works for me and sometimes not. But MySpace stopped to work for good.

#9 2012-11-17 06:12:17
peter9091

Yes i also have the same ....

#10 2012-11-22 03:08:46
muchasmessangino

Best thing would be to convert Digsby into some kind of imo.im windows client. While there are several clients for imo for other platforms, we are lacking a windows client. So maybe the functionality of imo (almost the same as digsby) combined with the great (!) user interface of disgby will do the trick?

#11 2012-12-05 11:13:23
Williams

For every one that leaves another one joins

#12 2012-12-05 14:59:35
SacredCultivator
Power User

^Highly doubt that. Since Digsby doesn't offer that much (anymore) so most will use the alternatives (Pidgin/Miranda/Trillian)

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved