Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Feature Requests » Buddy Icon Update/Check

Buddy Icon Update/Check

#1 2008-02-27 12:50:46
Buddy Icon Update/Check
forumferret

A way to force Digsby to check for and update buddy icons (either per user or for entire contact list) would be ideal.

Generally improved buddy icon performance would be almost as nice - in testing digsby vs. trillian pro and pidgin, I'm finding that Buddy icons are not updated or checked when I have a conversation going with contacts.  In another instance, I recieved a buddy icon from a contact, but the icon was 'lost' and defaulted back to the Digsby icon when that contact changed states to Away.

#2 2008-02-27 13:36:05
Re: Buddy Icon Update/Check
mike
Digsby Developer

Just curious- what protocol are you using for this? We found a bug preventing buddy icons from being requested in AIM/ICQ recently (the fix will be out in the next update).

You should always have a buddy's most recent icon (when it's working...), whether you are currently conversing with the contact isn't relevant (except in MSN, where having a conversation with them just makes the buddy icon retrieval happen faster).

#3 2008-02-27 17:14:31
forumferret

Hi Mike,

The contact in the first case was on yahoo (where the icon wasn't populated).  The second case was with an AOL contact.

#4 2008-02-27 20:44:47
mike
Digsby Developer

Thanks- we'll take a look at the Yahoo buddy icon stuff. If you see it happen again, please submit a diagnostic log (via the Help menu -> Submit Bug Report).

Oh, just to be sure, did the contact have an icon at the time? Just checking smile

#5 2008-02-27 22:45:59
forumferret

Yup, both do/did.

#6 2008-04-21 02:17:58
ThugEsquire

In addition, it would be really nice if I could set local buddy icons for each of my buddies.  Nobody else would see them, but it would be really nice for me to put faces to all my buddies since most of them haven't, and since some of them have terrible buddy icons (like the Trillian spheres or the AIM logo).

#7 2013-01-21 03:37:29
Anailaigh

Can we PLEASE for the love of God.. fix this issue with YAHOO buddy chat icons?? THEY NEVER change on my end. Seriously. 7 years guys...

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved