Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Feature Requests » Rip out the Facebook hack they just enabled xmpp/jabber

Rip out the Facebook hack they just enabled xmpp/jabber

#21 2012-01-31 00:50:03
Re: Rip out the Facebook hack they just enabled xmpp/jabber
carbonize
Super Power User

Given that the Facebook newsfeed in third party apps is messed up for me I'm happy just to have chat. By messed up I mean some of my friends posts do not appear in the newsfeed of third party apps and I mean that certain friends just do not appear in there at all. I did email Facebook reporting the issue but do we think they really give a toss?

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#22 2012-02-03 15:34:01
adrianle

Worked great.. thanks so much

#23 2012-03-27 06:49:45
joshychrist

I said I was leaving digsby I came back and this still doesn't work for me. how sad for me.

#24 2012-12-16 19:59:31
BigRedBrent

Please at least add an option to connect with XMPP when regular authentication fails. I don't want to have to manually add a XMPP account just for facebook when the authenticated loggin isn't working (happens VERY often) because that screws up my friends lists and everything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE with sugar on top, PLEASE add this option!

Last edited by BigRedBrent (2012-12-16 20:32:20)

#25 2013-01-22 03:22:58
Raydere

Using XMPP to log into Facebook chat is a bad idea. It will disable message notifications on the desktop website, which is bad as you can miss some important non-chat messages.

Pages: 1 2 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved