Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Facebook double IM responses

Facebook double IM responses

#1 2010-11-06 06:21:06
Facebook double IM responses
fradycats777

Hi I am having a problem with Facebook I am able to send and receive Instant Messages but when I receive a message from FaceBook instant message I get it at least twice which always makes me have to scroll through the message to figure out what the person is trying to communicate to me. I thought at first it was because I am logged into FaceBook Instant Messenger and FaceBook social networks account so I disabled the social network FaceBook account and I was still getting double messages.

I love Digsby so keep up the good work!

#2 2011-03-23 18:41:09
Re: Facebook double IM responses
HaDAk

This is happening to me, as well.

#3 2011-03-24 12:59:07
erick
Digsby Developer

Does this happen consistently to you? Or only after login?

#4 2011-04-09 09:44:43
MasterEvilAce

I've had this start happening lately. The only thing I've changed is the "Show Alerts: Messages".. used to have it checked.. but have unchecked it.

#5 2011-04-14 14:17:39
vertigo_2_20

I started experiencing this in the past 2 or 3 weeks (that I've noticed). It happens consistently, and to both messages the other person sends to me as well as sometimes, though not as seemingly frequently, to my messages. It doesn't happen to every message, just some.

#6 2013-06-09 07:21:11
nickmall

I can't see any resolution to this problem, is there a fix?  I have it happening to me again on Windows 7, just started last week, wrote to support but got no reply, and all the posts here are very old.

Is the software still supported or do I need to look for something else?

#7 2013-06-12 12:19:06
fallen888

Since Digsby has gone open source, I found the issue reported on github.  You can watch it here - https://github.com/tagged/digsby/issues/25

But I'm not sure how much hope we should put into this.

#8 2013-06-22 12:10:06
Red_Chaos1

Happens to me with Gtalk contacts too. Only doubles my outgoing messages on my end though. Received messages come as normal, and the recipients only see my reply once.

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved