Spread the Word | Create Account | My Account  
digsby
Location: Forum Home » Technical Support » Hotmail.com changed Outlook.com

Hotmail.com changed Outlook.com

#1 2012-10-13 10:33:06
Hotmail.com changed Outlook.com
digsbyfan69

Hello everyone!

This is the end the hotmail.com e-mail adresses but you can keep your old hotmail e-mail adress. I wanted to kept my hotmail.com email adress that's why I hasn't registered to the @outlook.com.

Since Microsoft has changed the hotmail.com adresses to outlook.com my Digsby application always show an "Hotmail error failed to connect the server" message, and doesn't want to work with my hotmail.com account anymore.

I tried to reinstall the Digsby application, but there wasn't any change. What do I have to do (change my e-mail adress, server settings, etc.). Any idea?

I also have a @gmail.com adress and this is work normally.

Thank you for your help.

#2 2012-10-13 17:03:33
Re: Hotmail.com changed Outlook.com
carbonize
Super Power User

Hotmail checking is working fine for me on build 45e8619 (sure there is a mistake there somewhere).

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#3 2012-10-14 06:10:36
digsbyfan69

My Digsby application number "Build 30295" and tells the "Digsby up to date". :S

#4 2012-10-14 12:55:36
carbonize
Super Power User

I believe you need the alpha builds - http://blog.digsby.com/archives/57/

C a r b o n i z e

Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of dotSyntax.
#5 2012-10-14 17:25:55
digsbyfan69

If you read the end of this topic: http://forum.digsby.com/viewtopic.php?id=14137 you will realize there is no solution for this problem so far, anyway I might make an attempt.

#6 2012-10-14 18:20:04
digsbyfan69

After I updated the aplication to "Build 45e8619" the problem still remain. Moreover the program wasn't able to import my old profile. I had to make a new one.

#7 2012-10-15 11:20:30
DigsbyFan

OK So I as well had the same problems as digsbyfan69. I finally got mine updated but I was not able to import my old profile and said my name was in use. I got around that by rebooting the computer but when I logged in everything was gone from my color setup to my accounts. I can get my Twitter and Facebook accts working but hotmail is still stuck on Authentication error. This update did not fix the hotmail issue. Also after putting in my user/pass I have to hit the login button about 20 times before it even tried to connect. Glad I was testing this on my laptop instead of my good computer.

Last edited by DigsbyFan (2012-10-15 11:25:19)

#8 2012-10-17 14:37:07
DigsbyFan

Gave it a couple days in case the update need to "settle" or kick in somehow. Nope. Still no go. Hotmail still says authentication error.

#9 2012-11-07 19:11:15
BlueKnot

I'm new on Digsby... Love how intuitive it is to setup and use. That is, it worked like a charm with my Gmail. However, I have a second account on Sympatico which uses Hotmail online. It keeps telling me "Failed to connect". What do I need to do/change?

#10 2012-11-09 21:59:15
cyber035

OK PEOPLE IM AM HEADED WITH YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOTMAIL CHECKING IS NOT WORKING FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND MORE DAMN I CANT EVEN REMEMBER WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME IT WORKED!!!
IM USING DIGSBY ONLY BECAUSE IT HAS A CHECK FOR MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO FIX THE HOTMAIL ERROR OR YOU ARE TO LAZY TO DO IT PLEASE LET ME FIX IT OR I WILL STOP USING DIGSBY FOR EVER!

#11 2013-05-17 13:42:40
greg1martin

I was having this same issue.  Finally, realized you can access Outlook.com with pop3.  The instructions can be found on Outlook.com support.  So far, this is working great. Just another email account.

#12 2013-12-03 05:57:10
Logos

carbonize wrote:

Hotmail checking is working fine for me on build 45e8619 (sure there is a mistake there somewhere).

Im running the same alpha build, but mine hasnt worked for over a year.Of course I can setup pop3 but Id prefer to find a fix.Has anyone come up with one?

Pages: 1 

Board footer

Copyright © 2007-2009 dotSyntax, LLC.   All Rights Reserved